Dell UltraSharp U2414H or LG 27EA53VQ-P

Hi guys

I've found that it's time to replace my Samsung Syncmaster B2430L and these two monitors are the ones I've laid my eyes on. Both seem very good, both are IPS, but there are indeed some key differences. Now if it comes to hardware I wouldn't have a problem figuring it out, but in this case I have a hard time picking the correct monitor.

I live in Denmark, here the monitors cost: Dell (280$) and LG (250$)

I work alot with software, different IT-tasks, watch movies and play games quite a bit. I like to multi-task, so i usually do have 2 different windows open.

I usually sit between 50-60cm (19.8-23.6inch) from the screen.

If you have any questions or anything else to add, please don't hesitate to contribute :).

Edit: These are the two screens: Dell UltraSharp U2414H or LG 27EA53VQ-P

Hi guys

I've found that it's time to replace my Samsung Syncmaster B2430L and these two monitors are the ones I've laid my eyes on. Both seem very good, both are IPS, but there are indeed some key differences. Now if it comes to hardware I wouldn't have a problem figuring it out, but in this case I have a hard time picking the correct monitor.

I live in Denmark, here the monitors cost: Dell (280$) and LG (250$)

I work alot with software, different IT-tasks, watch movies and play games quite a bit. I like to multi-task, so i usually do have 2 different windows open.

I usually sit between 50-60cm (19.8-23.6inch) from the screen.

If you have any questions or anything else to add, please don't hesitate to contribute :).

Edit: These are the two screens: Dell UltraSharp U2414H or LG 27EA53VQ-P

Vælg den fra Dell, min bliver leveret på mandag:)

Dell definitely. 27 inch 1080p is bad and colour accuracy won't be even close.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Am i going to notice the 8ms difference now that I am used to 5ms?

Vælg den fra Dell, min bliver leveret på mandag:)

Something something Dell, I believe they deliver on Monday. Speak English :P

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Something something Dell, I believe they deliver on Monday. Speak English :P

Hehe, yes he is from Denmark aswell, so he did me the courtesy of answering in Danish, but this is of course an English speaking forum :)

What he said: Pick the one from dell, mine is being delivered at monday.

Currently it seems dell might be the one I am going to pick :P

Hehe, yes he is from Denmark aswell, so he did me the courtesy of answering in Danish, but this is of course an English speaking forum :)

What he said: Pick the one from dell, mine is being delivered at monday.

Currently it seems dell might be the one I am going to pick :P

Haha, I picked up a few words because one of my university courses involves planning a mock merger with Danish and Finnish companies.

He's right though, the Dell is the better monitor. Display port, pivot and tilt and a really thin bezel on a well built 1080p IPS screen. The Asus VX239H is also worth a look, it has a lower response time of 5ms, very thin bezel. No monitor adjustability and no display port but HDMI can handle 1080p 60Hz no problem.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Am i going to notice the 8ms difference now that I am used to 5ms?

It takes the human eye 300-400ms to blink, and how often do you notice that?

Haha, I picked up a few words because one of my university courses involves planning a mock merger with Danish and Finnish companies.

He's right though, the Dell is the better monitor. Display port, pivot and tilt and a really thin bezel on a well built 1080p IPS screen. The Asus VX239H is also worth a look, it has a lower response time of 5ms, very thin bezel. No monitor adjustability and no display port but HDMI can handle 1080p 60Hz no problem.

Yeah, but the Asus one is 23 inch. I really don't feel like going down in size hahaha :P.

It takes the human eye 300-400ms to blink, and how often do you notice that?

I don't really think that is relevant. What I meant was regarding to ghosting and delay etc. But after reading about it, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'd love some more input, you guys are quite helpful :).

I don't really think that is relevant. What I meant was regarding to ghosting and delay etc. But after reading about it, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'd love some more input, you guys are quite helpful :).

I disagree on the point of relevancy. The reality is a millisecond is 0.001 seconds. There's absolutely no way you're ever going to be able to distinguish between 0.005 and 0.008 seconds, your reactions as a human being are just too slow.

Now, if you want my personal opinion on one of those screens then I can offer it as I own a u2414h. The response times are very good and I haven't noticed any ghosting. The grey-to-grey response time listed should be taken lightly as there is no standardised testing methodology, so in fact the way it is measured by LG and by Dell could be different and so incomparable. The u2414h, despite the comparatively poor response time is actually one of the faster IPS panels out there.

Watching movies is a complete delight on it. The IPS + factory calibration make for truly vibrant and natural colours and is a huge leap over my old TN panel.

It is probably the best monitor in its price range and I'm truly delighted with it.

I've decided to order the Dell monitor :). Even though the LCD is made by LG hahaha :P.

Dell measures response times conservatively, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually faster than the LG one. Response time has absolutely no standard test method so you can't reliably compare any monitor's response time with any other monitor (and yes, it is a rather useless spec).