IEM recommendations $100 budget

pants18

Title says it all, I'm looking for a solid pair of iem's that I can wear in public; therefore noise canceling/isolation would be preferable. I mainly listen to metal and general rock so no bass heavy iem's. I was eyeballing the RHA MA750's (little more than $100 but i could swing it if they were amazing for the money) but wanted to check to see if anyone has any other recommendations or thoughts. I do have nice headphones that live at home, so these would only be for public use.

Thanks in advance

Klipsh S4a/s4i.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Klipsh S4a/s4i.

So the only difference between the s4a and the s4i is an in-line microphone, volume controls, and noise isolation?

So the only difference between the s4a and the s4i is an in-line microphone, volume controls, and noise isolation?

s4a is for android and the s4i is for ios.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

i use the shure se215

and

Beyerdynamic MMX 101ie

both awesome IEMs. but i heard that the Beyerdynamic MMX 102ie have much better control over the cable noise when moving around. 

s4a is for android and the s4i is for ios.

wow, $50 price difference on amazon just for that. I'll definitely look into those. can you comment on the RHA's or are they a no-name brand in the audio world. (sorry, not very well versed in all the reputable audio manufactures)

wow, $50 price difference on amazon just for that. I'll definitely look into those. can you comment on the RHA's or are they a no-name brand in the audio world. (sorry, not very well versed in all the reputable audio manufactures)

No experience with them, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

they're pretty reputable in the audio world. However, I used to have just the normal s4's I think (I forgot the exact model, sorry) but they would stop working after a while because the cables under the shroud that is right above the plug would get detatched from the plug so they wouldn't produce any sound. I wouldn't go with them if I were you. They had great sound while they worked though.

I bought an RHA MA350 to try it out, but one of the buds was DOA. Cable was a nice braid, but the buds were a bit fat for my ears.

thanks for all the responses. I think I'm going to seal the deal with the klipsch r6's. according to what I've read, theyre simply a refined and refreshed version of the s4 

I recommend looking around at the head-fi.org forums. If you are willing to import (buying from eBay), JVC FXZ-100 probably the best bass IEM at around $100.

And I've owned quite a number of bassy IEMs

I recommend looking around at the head-fi.org forums. If you are willing to import (buying from eBay), JVC FXZ-100 probably the best bass IEM at around $100.

And I've owned quite a number of bassy IEMs

I believe OP has asked for non bass heavy IEM's, that'd knock the HA-FXZ100 out of contention. But I'd like to comment on the FXZ100 since I'd recently gotten one....to me, it has a fuller sound than the other IEM's I have (a Shure SE215 and an Ety ER6) with a mildly recessed mids and highs. I don't know, maybe I'd not quite have it fitted into my ears well enough, but I find the bass to be fuller and richer, but NOT overwhelming. The bass is more like what you'd find in some supra and circum aural headphones. I don't think it's bad in that way, though I'm hardly one to speak as I ain't no audiophile, I like what I like, great music/sound that tilts somewhat to the bass side.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I believe OP has asked for non bass heavy IEM's, that'd knock the HA-FXZ100 out of contention. But I'd like to comment on the FXZ100 since I'd recently gotten one....to me, it has a fuller sound than the other IEM's I have (a Shure SE215 and an Ety ER6) with a mildly recessed mids and highs. I don't know, maybe I'd not quite have it fitted into my ears well enough, but I find the bass to be fuller and richer, but NOT overwhelming. The bass is more like what you'd find in some supra and circum aural headphones. I don't think it's bad in that way, though I'm hardly one to speak as I ain't no audiophile, I like what I like, great music/sound that tilts somewhat to the bass side.

ya. I misread.