Is my graphic card good enough.

Telhma
Go to solution Solved by mathijs727,

mmm, i just want to know a program that monitors my gpu usage, what's a nice one.

You can use http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ to view the gpu load (under the sensor tab).

Hello all, this is my first post here :) so hi all.

I am about to change my pc, because i found out that when i run my stuff, my CPU is always running 100%, so a other processor could be a improvement.

because it runs att 100%, I think my graphic card is not running full speed, else probebly my cpu had to wait on it, what it deafently is nor doing. but... how can i see what my graphic card is realy doing, so i know if i have to change it, or just take it to my new system?

thanks for the help

Greetings

Welcome to the forums :D

PC specs please ;) Use PCPartPicker if you can

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

It should not be running at 100%.

I would recommend a Virus and Malware scan before you do anything.

Compatible with Windows 95

Welcome to the Forums. What are your specs? (please use PCPartPicker) And make sure that you have no viruses or malware.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Hello all, this is my first post here :) so hi all.

I am about to change my pc, because i found out that when i run my stuff, my CPU is always running 100%, so a other processor could be a improvement.

because it runs at 100%, I think my graphic card is not running full speed, else probably my cpu had to wait on it, what it definitely is nor doing. but... how can i see what my graphic card is really doing, so i know if i have to change it, or just take it to my new system?

Thanks for the help, Greetings

First of all welcome to the Linustechtips forum :)

Regarding your PC, did you buy it from a PC outlet store? or assemble it yourself?

You've informed us that the CPU is running balls to the wall 100%, is this when you're playing games/browsing the internet/playing games?.

Please share your computer specs if possible.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

@Telhma follow your topics, quoted and tag us and mark solved when you're ;)

And come here, we want to help you out

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

@wng_kingsley7, @tomlambert01

okej, sorry, i forgot to tell it was running 100% when i was rendering my photo's (i am a photographer)

oh, and sorry if i not awnsered fast enough, i am not used to see forums awnsering so fast, most of the time it takes a day on the other forums i tryed before to get a awnser.

So, thanks all for the help, Here is my partpickerlink: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C9KCCJ

edit: the pc was build for me, but i am about to upgrade now and try to create my own computer. it's a creepy idea :D

mmm, i just want to know a program that monitors my gpu usage, what's a nice one.

You can use http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ to view the gpu load (under the sensor tab).

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

Thanks, that's what i needed, I see now i only use it att 40% max, so, my question is solved, i do not yet need a new card :D
Thanks