windows 7 insallation error "a required CD/DVD driver is missing"

me and my friend have been working on it all day yesterday trying to fix the error we have done everything possible and nothing is wokring, we evern tried getting a different disk and still nothing, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

what kind of system are we talking about? please send specs (with dvd player type or model)

I finally got rid of my crap ass HP Compaq 8000 Elite !    :D

we are talking about a graphic desighning computer very big case is a 800d, ( disk player type is LG Supermulti DVDRW 4x Sata BK, Modle is GH24NS95

HDD mode, Are you running a RAID, SATA or AHCI configuration? Try to install Windows 7 by USB stick and see if that will help

I got this error when using a copy of windows I'd burnt to a USB drive are you using a legit install disc?

Try removing components that could be causing trouble and trying again one by one

Wait wait wait.. guys.. come on.

vista2usb_required_cd_dvd_driver_is_miss

The solution is simple:  2 things to do:

-> Set your SATA controller to AHCI mode

-> Insert the motherboard driver disk inside your system (switch it with Windows 7 disk), and by clicking the browse button, look inside for the extract SATA drivers (aslo referred as .inf drivers). If you have more patience, and better solution, is go at the motherboard manufacture website, and get the latest SATA extracted drivers from there, put it on a USB key, plug it to a USB 2.0 port, and click on Browse button, and locate the drivers.

Now, Windows Setup will detect your drives, and Windows will install just fine :)

That will not solve his problem. The problem is that his HDD/SSD is not being detected, as Windows setup doesn't have the drivers.

oh i see he doesn't have a hdd to install onto

i like to take out the cell for a minuet in the motherboard usually fixes loads of problems i have but make sure when u restart it and stuff u go into bios and disable the floppy disk

drive A or something like that

*note* put cell in right way i nearly done it wrong once =D

I would shy away from non-Official Microsoft OS download sites if not totally avoid them at all cost.

Other than that follow what GoodBytes listed and make sure you are connected to the right SATA ports on your mobo or your HDD is in the main SATA ports for the drivers you install, some SATA ports are not meant for BOOT drives and use a different controller.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.