New 14.9 AMD Catalyst Driver Out Now!

mcmad358

Anyone who does not know yet. AMD just released the new Catalyst 14.9 Drivers!

Download here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

Wasn't sure where to post this, this seemed good. 

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

yaaaaaaaaaay more driver related issues for me

also here is the changelog

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst14-9WINReleaseNotes.aspx

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

As much as I am liking team red, I must admit that one of their most glaring issues are their drivers. Yes, I put the shitty drivers above power consumption and in my case, 40 degrees idle at 0% load.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

The AMD driver I am using is old I can't even remember77 how old .... Works perfectly so no point in changing to a new one that might bring with it issues. That's my philosophy on Drivers.

As much as I am liking team red, I must admit that one of their most glaring issues are their drivers. Yes, I put the shitty drivers above power consumption and in my case, 40 degrees idle at 0% load.

Funny I never had an issue with AMD ... "Drivers" on my current card that I have had over a year now. Seems like an isolated end user error.

I had driver horror stories with bluecreening on youtube videos and crappy looking streaming video. Ended up getting a refund for the R9 290 and about to buy a GTX 970 now.

That was more than enough headaches with AMD gpu's thank you very much, back to green team. I gave ya'll a shot, and 'ya blew it. 

That perception of AMD has bad drivers are so old, even Linus said that himself. Nvidia and AMD drivers always have fault and when AMD's drivers gone wrong it gets over exaggerated.

I moved from a R9 270X to a R9 290 in less than a year and there has been no issues between the two. The only problem I encountered is that YouTube can BSOD my PC when I use the arrow keys too fast to seek the video's timeline, but that seems to happen to certain Nvidia cards as well. 

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

AMD got better drivers now, the past is the past, but nvidia still get the better drivers so far. I use HD 6970 befor GTX 680 and had little problems with AMD drivers, i got only some bugs in games but i fix it. 

CPU : Intel i7 2600K OC@ 4.5 GHz ;

MOBASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 ;

RAM Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz ;

GPU EVGA GTX 680 2Gb (GTX 770 Bios modded and instaled with voltage and fan speed unlock) OC@ 1228 MHz on GPU and 7012 MHz on Memory ;

This new driver is really nice. Makes Watch Dogs run even better now on my 290. Can't be mad about free perfomance increase :D 

The AMD driver I am using is old I can't even remember77 how old .... Works perfectly so no point in changing to a new one that might bring with it issues. That's my philosophy on Drivers.

Sir... SIr.. I have you revoke your pc master race card. Sir.. you are no longer eligable for this card. You have defied the terms of agreement!

No but seriously, there is absolutely no reason not to upgrade. IF you get some problem, you can always revert drivers. However, that almost never happens. All the free performance increases are worth it in any case.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Sir... SIr.. I have you revoke your pc master race card. Sir.. you are no longer eligable for this card. You have defied the terms of agreement!

No but seriously, there is absolutely no reason not to upgrade. IF you get some problem, you can always revert drivers. However, that almost never happens. All the free performance increases are worth it in any case.

If it ain't broke don't fix it ... I have held and maintained a PC master race card for a long while now and this is why LOL.

If it ain't broke don't fix it ... I have held and maintained a PC master race card for a long while now and this is why LOL.

You're not fxing it, you are improving it by gaining free performance increases. Do you even have mantle support in your drivers yet? :S 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

You seem to be stuck in the previous decade.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

You're not fxing it, you are improving it by gaining free performance increases. Do you even have mantle support in your drivers yet? :S 

I haven't bought BF4 yet. Still having fun on BFBC2. I don't own any other games that support mantle yet.

I just sold My dual 290x cards (Asus DCUII and MSI Lightning) and my wife's XFX 280x card for new GTX 970s. My primary complaint with AMD cards, DRIVERS. I was one that always stuck up for AMD drivers even when I didn't have AMD cards at the time but after getting the 200 series cards I don't wish to go back for some time. I always had issues with my dual screens not turning on (I would have to turn one off and back on for them to wake up). And I had weird screen flickering even with no overclock. I am happy to be back to Nvidia just for the fact that I got VERY annoyed with AMD driver issues.

• Grid Auto Sport
  • AMD CrossFire profile

Finally!!! no more strobing headlights! yiew!!

PS.

Nvidia aren't perfect either - this one time I couldn't use shadowplay because it required an "i3" when I had a g3258 @ 4.7 ghz... plz i3 - wtf is that even....

PPS.

I have an i5 now, but whatever

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

I wonder if they'll do better than the 14.7 beta I'm using right now...

Will download them when I get home from work. It'll be nice to have some WHQL drivers that are less than 6 months old.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

If this is based on the 14.7 Beta drivers...then this driver is crap.  Lower Crossfire performance overall compared to 14.4 and it introduced some major random stuttering.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I just sold My dual 290x cards (Asus DCUII and MSI Lightning) and my wife's XFX 280x card for new GTX 970s. My primary complaint with AMD cards, DRIVERS. I was one that always stuck up for AMD drivers even when I didn't have AMD cards at the time but after getting the 200 series cards I don't wish to go back for some time. I always had issues with my dual screens not turning on (I would have to turn one off and back on for them to wake up). And I had weird screen flickering even with no overclock. I am happy to be back to Nvidia just for the fact that I got VERY annoyed with AMD driver issues.

Well being an nvidiot is defiantly not conducive to the promotion of AMD now is it LOL.

I like all brands. If something performs better with a way lower price like the 290 and 290x I say go for it. Now with the 900 series out I say go with that. I'm a realist not a blind follower of brands.

the screen flickers like crazy in every game i play after updating. dual r9 290x