What to do with spare monitors?

UselessBread

I have three spare displays (one old apple cinema display: DVI, broken stand; one 17" HP 4:3 monitor: VGA; one tiny TV: various inputs)

Currently they are just floating around gathering dust, they are not worth selling imho.

I already have three monitors on my computer, no point in setting up more as my desk does not really allow it.

My place is not really big, I can't setup anything in my bathroom, or the kitchen roomwise. All I have is my room.

What could I do with them so they would have some use?

Gimme ideas.

Send them to me? /joke

Use them as auxiliary monitors... Get some folding tables...

unmock them and use the plexi and all for modding

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Soak them in gas for two weeks then light them on fire.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Well I am going to turn one of them into a XBMC box with a spare raspberry pi I have floating around. Now remain the Apple Cinema Display and The HP L1906.

If they were free (minus shipping) I'd take them. (serious)

Anyway, I'd personally hook one up to some webcams and use it as a surveillance system.

EDIT: Or maybe put one in a coffee table? I remember a mod like that from before.

If they were free (minus shipping) I'd take them. (serious)

Anyway, I'd personally hook one up to some webcams and use it as a surveillance system.

EDIT: Or maybe put one in a coffee table? I remember a mod like that from before.

The webcam thing is the first thing in here that really interests me. might think about how to do something like that. Oh and the coffee table thing, but I don't have a coffee table or the space for one...

Oh and I don't think that you would want to pay for shipping on some somewhat heavy monitors from Germany to whatever place you live.

The webcam thing is the first thing in here that really interests me. might think about how to do something like that.

Oh and I don't think that you would want to pay for shipping on some somewhat heavy monitors from Germany to whatever place you live.

Really? I liked the "Lighting them on fire and posting it on youtube" idea... y'know, for uh.... science!

Do you have a shady neighbor or something? lol

Give them to me/build a NAS/Media Center

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

I have three spare displays (one old apple cinema display: DVI, broken stand; one 17" HP 4:3 monitor: VGA; one tiny TV: various inputs)

Currently they are just floating around gathering dust, they are not worth selling imho.

I already have three monitors on my computer, no point in setting up more as my desk does not really allow it.

My place is not really big, I can't setup anything in my bathroom, or the kitchen roomwise. All I have is my room.

What could I do with them so they would have some use?

Gimme ideas.

got any art schools/colleges or high schools near by? give them the monitors. Monitors are in demand when it comes to art :)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Give them your municipality, if it is in working condition they would refurbish it and give it away to government institutes. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)