"Any Resolution" Software

Logun

I remember hearing on a podcast a while back about a piece of software which would allow you to run any game at any resolution. (I'm generalizing here)

Would any of you know what sorcery this may be?

One I've found thus far has been UniversalResChanger 2.0

Any others you've used with success?

Nvidia control panel

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Nvidia control panel

that's not what he means

forcing a different resolution =/= running at a custom res

Error: 410

that's not what he means

forcing a different resolution =/= running at a custom res

Exaclty. The way I heard it you could run older games at higher res. I didn't understand it and made a mental note to come back to it. That was last month and so now I'm searching for it all over again.

I remember hearing on a podcast a while back about a piece of software which would allow you to run any game at any resolution. (I'm generalizing here)

Would any of you know what sorcery this may be?

One I've found thus far has been UniversalResChanger 2.0

Any others you've used with success?

Few things can work. Some games will work with Gedosato (like Dark Souls 2). You can also set custom resolutions in Nvidia Control Panel, and you can do this with AMD as well. LTT's Slick made a video showing how. Nvidia is taking it more mainstream with Nvidia DSR, which is currently only on the 900 series, but the software will be on older series soon. When going past 1080p make sure you have a HDMI or Dual DVI. 

For other games like Knights of the Old Republic there are custom tools and Wiki's to get them in widescreen etc. You can run Mass Effect's at like 4 k downsampling with gedosato or custom resolution. Going too high can make text too small to read though. Higher the downsample, obviously you need more GPU power. :)

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.