The homework thread

SSOB

The stress is in negotiating funding with less than knowledgeable management... Otherwise, it's pretty calm (depending on where you work)...

Negotiating when money is involved is always a faff though xD 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I have to make some notes on the Ukraine Crisis for a presentation and speech in English.

If anyone knows any interesting facts about it, that would help spice it up a bit.

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

Maths and psychic may come in handy

Can someone tell me how we define vectors on a cartesian plane and how do we find its vectors or whatever it is called. I just could not pay attention to it in college.

.. Im pretty s**t at maths but i did manage to find this.

And since i could only understand some of the words and terms im guessing it's accurate.

http://everythingscience.co.za/grade-11/01-vectors-in-two-dimensions/01-vectors-in-two-dimensions-02.cnxmlplus

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Thanks god I'm still on vacations... School (uni) starts on Wednesday for me.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

And here I am doing the Jan 2013 C3 OCR paper... Oh man this is the life!

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

That moment when you're doing your homework. While you are lurking in a forum thread where you can help someone else with their homework.

Yo dawg i heard you like homework...

Sounds like a pretty nice and calm job^^ 

I had to take a three month trial course called a student motivating university program... Attendance was mandatory and we had to study even though what we did had no impact on our grades later.

At least you could work from the comfort of your own home xD

Lol during the question phase of that class I would have continually asked "what the fuck is the point of this class? considering that is has literally nothing to do with what we actually need to know for our careers"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well im in final year of school and doing a TON of GCSE computing coursework

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

A;ready done 2 GCSEs ICT ( year 9) and took GCSE Maths a year early, got As in both, but took a lot of work to get there!

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Gives you 60 math problems to work on.

3 of those methods need to be taught. Just give me like 15 problems.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Okay can somebody PLEASE explain how ''Le passif'' Works when the phrase is already in past tense.

Les transformations du temps

TEMPS VERBAL

PHRASE ACTIVE

PHRASE PASSIVE

Indicatif Présent:

L'enfant mange une pomme.

Une pomme est mangée par l'enfant.

Indicatif Imparfait:

L'enfant mangeait des pommes.

Des pommes étaient mangéespar l'enfant.

Passé composé

L'enfant a mangé une pomme.

Une pomme a été mangée par l'enfant.

Passé simple:

L'enfant mangea des pommes.

Des pommes furent mangées par l'enfant.

Futur simple:

L'enfant mangera une pomme.

La pomme sera mangée par l'enfant.

Conditionnel Présent:

L'enfant mangerait des pommes.

Des pommes seraient mangéespar l'enfant.

Futur antérieur:

L'enfant aura mangé une pomme.

La pomme aura été mangée par l'enfant.

La voix passive, ayant comme auxiliaire le verbe ÊTRE, exige l'accord du PARTICIPE PASSÉ avec le SUJET, en genre et un nombre.

This but than explained please....

HELP

Interested in Business and Technology

Well when e has an accent, it is about a completed action (normally with a set timeframe (pn Saturday) and (e.g. The phone rang). The ones with ais for the first person are imperfect tense. They are for an action that happened multiple times on the past (when j was 5 I went to school, for example).

Glad i could help. I, myself are crap at french, got a C last year, but I know the basics and I am improving a lot for the final GCSE tests this year

The ones with an accent at the end have an extra e when a feminine object and have an s at the end when plural. This only applies to etre verbs (hence the first letters of verbs that form the word VANDERRTRAMP are all etre verbs, look it up and Learn it!)

how does one make this rational function in a rational function in the a * 1 / (x-p) +q form

this one : x+4 / 2x-3

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

This isn't actually homework but need some explaining anyway, it is about vectors:

Given that a = 2i + 5j and b = 3i - j, find

x if a + xb is parallel to i

y if ya + b is parallel to j

Also:

Given that c = 3i+ 4j and d = i - 2j, find

x if c + xd is parallel to i + j

y if yc + d is parallel to i + 3j

I would ask my teacher but he is away until Thursday and we are doing more work on this tomorrow. If you could show a step by step solution and reasoning as to what and why you are doing it. Someone tried explaining but their method made no sense. Thanks

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" —Samantha Carter

Guys ur homework aint nothing. ive been on my English GCSE Language Coursework for over 5 hours now and i aint even finished. I hate it when they tell u to submit it a day early at the last minute (darn-it!) 

Red Rampage has been a good productivity machine lately, it never hesitates when i am doing heavy word processing and multitasking with lots of word docs and chrome tabs open for school work. Seems like the ultimate school workhorse IMO. 

This isn't actually homework but need some explaining anyway, it is about vectors:

Given that a = 2i + 5j and b = 3i - j, find

x if a + xb is parallel to i

y if ya + b is parallel to j

Also:

Given that c = 3i+ 4j and d = i - 2j, find

x if c + xd is parallel to i + j

y if yc + d is parallel to i + 3j

I would ask my teacher but he is away until Thursday and we are doing more work on this tomorrow. If you could show a step by step solution and reasoning as to what and why you are doing it. Someone tried explaining but their method made no sense. Thanks

Two vectors are parallel to each other if their cross product = 0 (since the magnitude of the cross product is also defined as |a||b|sin(theta),where theta = 0 when both vectors are parallel). Another way of understanding this, given that this is only in 2D is to think of it as what scalar multiplication of vector b makes vector b have both the j components of vector a and b cancel each other to create a new vector that only has some scalar multiplication of i. Through the cross product shown below, where x = 5, you can see this more clearly.

ab3b5f74d39490117c92bb1f5253fc8d.png

7565d9b73c2da7a58ab7ffd1017bb17a.png

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

People who are serious about their education and want to go to university care. You don't have to care but than again you won't be able to make €10K a month ( At least not legally.)

As much as that makes sense, I raise you the Dragons from Dragons Den (England). A couple of them left school with nothing, not even an English qualification and now look at them. You can do anything you like as long as you have the correct mentality. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

As much as that makes sense, I raise you the Dragons from Dragons Den (England). A couple of them left school with nothing, not even an English qualification and now look at them. You can do anything you like as long as you have the correct mentality. 

I agree with Linus' point of view on this sort of subject. You can definitely draw a lot of parallels with his Youtube career and the people in Dragon's den. Some do get lucky and can get to the top without higher education. But those are the lucky. And those are the very few. The majority should still follow an education path to secure job positions; education meaning not only theory, but also internships.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I agree with Linus' point of view on this sort of subject. You can definitely draw a lot of parallels with his Youtube career and the people in Dragon's den. Some do get lucky and can get to the top without higher education. But those are the lucky. And those are the very few. The majority should still follow an education path to secure job positions; education meaning not only theory, but also internships.

You can also become too overqualified for a job. And you still need work experience, no matter what industry/job you're wanting. For example, if I were to go and apply for a job that I would like with no background and just a few qualifications, against someone that has the same qualifications but also has done work experience in the industry, the company would choose them over me. I agree with you that luck takes a large step in this, especially with the likes of Linus and the guys on Dragon's Den. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

You can also become too overqualified for a job. And you still need work experience, no matter what industry/job you're wanting. For example, if I were to go and apply for a job that I would like with no background and just a few qualifications, against someone that has the same qualifications but also has done work experience in the industry, the company would choose them over me. I agree with you that luck takes a large step in this, especially with the likes of Linus and the guys on Dragon's Den. 

That's why I mentioned internships too :). I'm studying as an engineer and many jobs aren't open without internships. My engineering program in it's fourth year has a capstone project where students form groups and work with key industry companies to solve their problems. This is manditory for everyone in my program. In addition to this, internships are also available during the summer. 

That's why I mentioned internships too :). I'm studying as an engineer and many jobs aren't open without internships.

I meant something other than internships. :P

this is actually my take home test. this one problem that i dont know how to do since its been 1 month. 

y=x^2-2x-8 and y+8=x,

i know that i have to get both equal to y (aka the smaller problem) and then set them both equal to each other giving me.... x^2-2x-8 = x-8 

idk what to do now, do i solve for X or do i get the factors of the bigger problem. but that tell me what to do with the x-8

EDIT:

i got it, the solutions are 0 and 3, didnt realize that i was subtracting -x into -2x leaving me with -3x instead i kept getting x.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.