Gtx 670 w/ artefacts, worth investing into?

hey guys,

so there's this card that reference gtx 670 going on sale on ebay at the moment, it's showing artefacts in the BIOS and I'm wondering if it's worth-while to try fixing this gpu as I already have a 670 which would go nicely in SLI.

So here's the auction I'm looking at (Australia only soz other countries)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261608857884

$_57.JPG

The description in the auction isn't very descriptive, so I'll just give you the message he gave me when I contacted him before:

I've only been able to connect the card to a system with no OS, the card powered on fine and it displayed the image in BIOS but had artifacts, like blue dots on the screen. It looks to be in excellent condition physically, no scratches on the PCB. Other than that I don't know anything else about this card. I've had it for a while but didn't have a chance to look further into it. As I said in the description, I bought it like this and the previous owner couldn't tell me anything about it. My only PC that I have running at the moment is water cooled with rigid tubes so I can't put the card in there and test it with windows and drivers and I also don't have time to do it. Hope this helps.

Although he says it looks great cosmetically, if you go to the 3rd picture on the auction, just above the pci-e slot (about a third-way from the left) it looks like it has a potential scratch mark as it seems a little less straight then the other lines on the rest of the PCB.

$_57.JPG

So according to the symptoms, do you think that this card is easy enough to fix? Have you guys had any luck with the symptoms listed such as increasing voltage to the card or fixing cooling issues? (the baking method is another potential solution but I wouldn't spend $50 on something that may not work) Is that actually a scratch and if it is is it fixable?

EDIT:

So, upon further inspection and comparing to my own 670, there really is a scratch in the pcb just where I expected.

So I've got two questions

1. Can those wires be re-soldered, doesn't have to be particularly neat
  2. If I do not resolder those wires, will the artefacts still be present if I only use video outputs on my non-artefacting 670 while in sli?

I know that this card will not resell for the same condition it is currently at the same price as this auction has been just re-listed recently so I want to be semi-sure that this will work.

Thanks in advance

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

I would say no

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hell no, potentially VRAM problem which you can't fix it.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |