what is your opinion on lets play channels?

so I am going to start a lets play channel on YouTube with some of my friends. I Have decided that the goal of everything we do is to around having fun and making great content. i realize that there are quite a few people doing this out there, and I want to do something different from the norm if possible.

on that note, what do you guys thing of lets play channels? does anyone have interesting ideas of some different things we could do on the show? what is something that is annoying about these channels that we could try to eliminate?

thanks for reading!

I personally hate lets plays lol. I just watch one episode to see if a game is worth buying. There is a guy in germany who is really famous for doing lets plays and everyone here watches him, That makes no sense to me because i want to experience the game myself. The weird thing about me is, that i do lets plays with a friend too! lol :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

There's some people who's let's plays i adore. Gopher being one. 

Gotta love Gopher. 

and then there's some i can't stand (Yogscast)

Dont really know why, but that's how i am, i guess i just prefer RP Lets plays

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

The only ones I really watch regularly are the Rooster Teeth guys.

MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) | Core i7 2700K @ 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB @ stock

8GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2133MHz | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 3x500GB RAID 5 | DVD-RW

Xclio Nighthawk | OCZ ModX Stream Pro 700W | CM Hyper 212 EVO with Corsair SP120s push/pull

I watch several, i find some pretty entertaining.

OfficialNerdCubed mostly, british accents make gaming more fun

others fool around waaay too much (I am looking at you Pewdiepie)

But I don't think they should be able to make a living off off it, they literally sit around all day. playing games.

get a job fools.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

I watch several, i find some pretty entertaining.

OfficialNerdCubed mostly, british accents make gaming more fun

others fool around waaay too much (I am looking at you Pewdiepie)

But I don't think they should be able to make a living off off it, they literally sit around all day. playing games.

get a job fools.

Technically if you earn a living from your lets play channel you have a job as a youtube content creator. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Technically if you earn a living from your lets play channel you have a job as a youtube content creator. 

They SIT around and PLAY GAMES.

not really something you should be able to earn a full salary with now is it.

And technically they did not create anything, well, their voice.

but still,,

I have no problem with them earning some extra money.

but some can afford buying a house from it. doesn't sound right,

But OP, do not let me scare you.

It seems like it is great fun, and aslong as that is the primary goal all is well in this world

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

but still,,

It seems like it is great fun, and aslong as that is the primary goal all is well in this world

I think allot more work goes into those channels than people give them credit for. Certain people have a gift for entertaining and they are the ones who are able to succeed on youtube and get allot of views. 

Using your logic, what do you think about taxi drivers all they do is drive around we can all drive why should they be able to make a living?  A tube driver in london can make £50,000 a year and all he/she does is sit in a chair and release the break pedal? What about a Secretary who just sits at a desk for 8 hours a day sending emails?

I am not trying to be aggressive and attack your ideas (too much) but it is a bit unfair to say that someone who makes a living from youtube does not have a "a real job"

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

You can do whatever you want, except one word (technically 3) PiewDiepie.

And please for the love of god, don't talk over cutscenes and dialog.

but still,,

If there's an audience for it and it's legal, why not? (genuinely curios to why you think that)  It's not like they're hurting anybody. And if there's someone you watch and enjoy, what's wrong with them making money off entertaining you, you're not even paying them from your own pocket.