'Melting' ships

Daarke

I just 'melted an Aurora LN and a Connie Aquila and some random junk and got the Aegis Reclaimer with LTI.

I was wondering what ships you folks would give up , and for what? 

Oh shit, the concept sale has begun! :o

I was planning to melt my Aurora MR for a Connie, but I have to check this out

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I just 'melted an Aurora LN and a Connie Aquila and some random junk and got the Aegis Reclaimer with LTI.

I was wondering what ships you folks would give up , and for what?

I wouldn't I know it's sad but I tend to form a bond with most vehicles real or not.

Melting them is like melting my kids. Which I'm sure is illegal anyway.

I dont know if I will melt my ships but I really want this and LTI while be a nice bonus for a ship of this price. I mean it says it can hold and process a connie worth of salvage so I am definitely getting one at some point just don't know if it will be now or later. My birthday is on the 6th (last day of sale) so maybe I will get lucky.  :D

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

I sacrificed my Aquila for the Reclaimer. I was going to equip the Connie to be a salvage/exploration ship, but the Reclaimer might do this job even better. And I just love the looks of this ship.

I'd melt my ships for the Caterpillar or Hull C. I might get my chance in a bit.

I have an avenger and a khartu-al. I'm not spending anymore money on starcitizen, I have the ship I want to start with, plus an avenger to gift to a friend later.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Maybe i should trade my Starfarer for it.....naw, but its damn cool ship.

Got some spare cash so ill trade in my 315p instead and buy it next week.

I'm not 100% sure, but didn't they say they would be doing a new concept sale each week for 4 weeks? If so, I think the sale for the Reclaimer would end within a week.

I'm not 100% sure, but didn't they say they would be doing a new concept sale each week for 4 weeks? If so, I think the sale for the Reclaimer would end within a week.

I think you're right about this sale being a week long, the site says this concept sale ends on the 6th.

Ben said the new sales will not be arriving weekly.  They will be released as Chris approves them.

I don't see the need to buy into the larger ships.  i'd rather have a few ships in my hanger for the same price.  

Already bought an M50 CCU from a 325A as my main ship and a temporary Avenger that i'll turn into a hornet at some point.  going to use that to melt "trade" around a bit so I can tryout any new ships like the mustang, gladius, avenger varients, etc.

I plan on having 3 ships in the end.  racer,dogfighter, utility/multi-role.  then i'll be set.  I'll just buy hanger stuffs after to still support the game. probably become a subscriber then.

Maybe i should trade my Starfarer for it.....naw, but its damn cool ship.Got some spare cash so ill trade in my 315p instead and buy it next week.
I thought you had everything anyway? :P
snip
Welcome btw

Welcome btw

Thanks very much. Dropped a short hello in the sticky, but I have mainly been doing reading on here with all the new hardware that has come out lately.

Just bought a Reclaimer but I might melt it for a Hull C.

clearly says October 9:th on the page

I thought you had everything anyway?  :P

Welcome btw

cant have what is not on sale xD

Thanks very much. Dropped a short hello in the sticky, but I have mainly been doing reading on here with all the new hardware that has come out lately.

Just bought a Reclaimer but I might melt it for a Hull C.

Yeah I haven't been checking that one as much after noticing my post count was basicly 2 to 1.

Anyway enjoy your stay, we aren't overly active all the time but we all pretty much respond to threads asap.

Just don't upset the polar bears

• 2 weeks later...

After melting the Aquila and LN for the Reclaimer I felt sad.

So , I went and bought them aswell! yeah!

I hate you ;)

I'd melt my ship for real money again

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Shhhh, don't promote that ;)

The grey market will always be a thing. If they don't want people charging exhorbant prices for LTI ships, then they shouldn't make LTI ships rare.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

so who's gonna bit on my LTI Reclaimer?    lol