Hyper 212 EVO Doesn't Fit- Please Help!

Dr. Moose

Yes, I know that I'm not posting in the right subforum, but I really need a quick answer. I bought a 212 EVO off Amazon and upon sticking it in my case, I realized it wont fit by a VERY little but. I don't want to return it and I can't replace the case. Would drilling holes for the protruding heat pipes (which is why it won't close) be safe for the computer? Or should I just return it...

It's a generic chassis for a pre-built machine from ZT Systems.

-From the desk of Moose-

What case do you have.

Just return it.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

it would help if you told us what case you had...

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

What case do you have?

It's a pre-built machine, some generic case from ZT Systems.

-From the desk of Moose-

What case do you have?

that might help us.  Also can you post some pics of the case and the amount you can put the GPU in.

Because he had a hard drive.

that might help us.  Also can you post some pics of the case and the amount you can put the GPU in.

No GPU... I'm embarrassed to say I'm using Intel Integrated Graphics. It's an old prebuilt system from ZT Systems. i7 2600.... no K :(  

-From the desk of Moose-

If you are determined to use that cooler with that case then drilling holes in the panel of the case shouldn't affect it aside from letting noise and heat out, bu it will definitely void your warranty.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

You had to measure the max cooler height before buying, you need 160mm to fit the 212 EVO. If you drill the side panel and the case is no longer touching the cooler (you don't want to put strain in the socket), it's perfectly safe.

Want no trouble? change it for something like a Cooler Master TX3, it doesn't perform as good but it's better than the stock one.

If you drill holes into the heatpipes, the coolant in it will leak out.

Get another cooler. I don't think it's necessary either, OEM PC's have decent air coolers, unless it's actually overheating, it gets the job done.

If it's just the heatpipes that are petruding, and if you don't mind some holes in your case, then I would say go for it an drill some holes in your case for the heatpipes to stick out.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

If you can return the Hyper 212, get a an Arctic Cooler Freezer Pro. It's not a sleeve bearing, it's smaller, will keep temps about the same and will fit all the nicer. http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Freezer-Pro-Rev-Multicompatible/dp/B002G392ZI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1411693885&sr=1-1&keywords=freezer+pro

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you drill holes into the heatpipes, the coolant in it will leak out.

He said drill holes FOR the heatpipes on the side panel, not drill the heatpipes. :P

Mystery is the source of all true science.

The CM Hyper TX3 is similar to the Hyper 212 Evo except that it is smaller.  I would return yours and get that.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

No GPU... I'm embarrassed to say I'm using Intel Integrated Graphics. It's an old prebuilt system from ZT Systems. i7 2600.... no K :(

If you are not overclocking then you shouldn't need an aftermarket cooler.  Save your money and save for a GPU...  IMO

He said drill holes FOR the heatpipes on the side panel, not drill the heatpipes. :P

Oh oops. I was tired. :P

You don't need a 212 Evo to cool down a i7-2600, do you? Get something that fits there, even if it performs slightly worse as advised above... drilling is too much trouble and you might also worry with static energy.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon