PC not POSTing after MOBO replacement. Out of Ideas.

Go to solution Solved by Torq47,

I replaced the 6350 with an 8350. Problem solved. Now I have a shiny FX-6350 paper wieght.

I recently had a Mobo blow a MOSFET. I replaced it with an Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0. After assembly on the test bench, I have a solid red cpu led.

*System specs:

*FX 6350

*Cooler Master Seidon 120v Cooler

*Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

*8gb (2x4) Kingston Hyper-x Blu red series 1600 Ram

*R9-290

*Corsair Tx750m Powersupply

*Things I have tried already to no avail:

*Clear CMOS

*Replace Cmos battery

*Quadruple check and reseat 24 pin power connector and 8 pin cpu power connector

*Reseat CPU multiple times

*Check CPU for bent or damaged pins with magnifying glass

*Replace Liquid cooler with Stock Heatsink and fan

*Flash BIOS 1604 to Mobo

*Tried with 2 sticks, 1 stick, and no sticks of ram

*Tried a different known good power supply

*All of the above again with know good power supply

I used thermal paste and isopropyl alcohol respectively each time I reseated the CPU and cooler/heatsink. The CPU fan/pump spins up but the CPU-LED stays solid red. If you have any ideas or suggestions while I wait on the new CPU to come in I would be glad to give them a shot.

Thanks for your help, Torq47

Hmm, perhaps just wait for the new cpu and report back if it doesn't work after that?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

CPU, PSU, RAM and Motherboard are only essential components for a post... if you had a MOSFET blow up it might have been a surge, tried dry booting the PSU? Booting with only 1 stick at a time etc

Tried that and tried it again with a known good power supply. no dice... but thank you for the suggestion.

I replaced the 6350 with an 8350. Problem solved. Now I have a shiny FX-6350 paper wieght.