Review of NCIX's Service

Skreedles

-snip-

Sorry to hear that.

NCIX use to be an excellent place to purchase computer hardware.That's prior to them gaining popularity around late 2007. Ever since then, customer service has been nonexistent. Plus, they don't even offer price protection. Also, their express rma is just a cash grab disguised bullshit that they abuse because they have the largest Canadian web presence. Their RMA service still sucks with or without it. I had to return four monitors because they either had dead/stuck pixels, or they had backlight bleeding issues. Needless to say, I had to pay the 15% restocking fee each time and it was a bloody nightmare.

I've been loyal to ncix for twelve years. Thank god there's much better places online, especially for monitors.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

If you don't want to use NCIX, then you might as well avoid DirectCanada as well. DC is a sister company of NCIX, based in Ontario.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

I've bought from NCIX countless times all without issues. I have more hardware than what's in my sig and it has all come from NCIX; some items inlcude a 27" 1080p monitor, 1440p monitor and my current 4k monitor.

The website does feel like 1999 all over again and could benefit from an update though.

They probably use the way that I do when I make websites: Basic tables and slap dash graphics.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two things to say.

1. 18.6 * 0.65 =/= 60, and if you have a vehicle that burns $60 of gas in 18 km (about 1 mpg at $1.40 per litre) you are either an asshole or the captain of a very large ship.

2. I bought my computer from NCIX 10/10/10, when I bought it, it had a gtx460 in it. The 460 went bad and I brought it back. About a week later they said sorry, couldnt reproduce the problem no refund. I told the person on the phone that I gave explicit instructions on how to reproduce the problem, and to please read the note that I had stuck on the case. They called back later and I got to pay the difference to swap up to a 580. The people at NCIX were very polite through the whole exchange, but it seemed like they were a little too busy to pay attention to detail.

TL,DR NCIX treated me fairly.

At least your have computer stores. Fuck the UK.

You don't have any computer stores like Fry's, NCIX, Canada Computers, Microcenter, Factory Direct, etc? Nothing?

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

The largest TLDR I've seen on LTT of late. Use some returns man maybe I even some pics or a video to break it up.

At least your have computer stores. Fuck the UK.

scan? overclockers? aria? and more?

Be the broken or the breaker. Be the giver or the undertaker. Unlock and open the door. Be the healer or the faker.

I've been going to the Langley NCIX for years and have had no problems. The way you describe it, they lacked professionalism as they seemed agitated at your lack of experience and possible manufacturer defects. I can understand why they would be annoyed as the problem may have been the computer and not the card that they have sent you. Regardless, the technician should have been able to diagnose the problem by putting the card in another healthy system, try to reproduce the problem, and go from there. If the problem was not the card, they could have just fixed it for you and sent you the bill.

You should really try to do a little research on computers just so you have a general knowledge of things, which will save you a headache in the future. It's like getting a car and you need to know how to do things like putting on a spare tire.

I would also like to mention that I have never bought anything from NCIX without it being on sale or with price matches (none of which have ever been declined).

I've been going to the Langley NCIX for years and have had no problems. The way you describe it, they lacked professionalism as they seemed agitated at your lack of experience and possible manufacturer defects. I can understand why they would be annoyed as the problem may have been the computer and not the card that they have sent you. Regardless, the technician should have been able to diagnose the problem by putting the card in another healthy system, try to reproduce the problem, and go from there. If the problem was not the card, they could have just fixed it for you and sent you the bill.

You should really try to do a little research on computers just so you have a general knowledge of things, which will save you a headache in the future. It's like getting a car and you need to know how to do things like putting on a spare tire.

I would also like to mention that I have never bought anything from NCIX without it being on sale or with price matches (none of which have ever been declined).

... I did do research on the topic, and I know about computers.

scan? overclockers? aria? and more?

I mean as in chains of stores. Maplins dosent count :P

Im sorry your experiences were not good. I never had problem with them and I order exclusively online since Im on the East Coast.

• 2 weeks later...

... I did do research on the topic, and I know about computers.

Sorry, the way you phrased it made it sound like you were new to computers. Didn't mean to offend you.