Laptop reconmendations as of 2014

basmatiwater

I'm looking for something that is thin and lightweight (ultra books), with a good battery life and solid build quality. The previous laptop I owned had a flimsy plastic bezel around the screen and since it was very thin, when I put a little bit of force on the screen, it cause a distortion in the center of the screen :(

Size: 15-13 inches

Thinness: around the thickness of a MacBook Pro and less

Weight: not an issue

(Touch screen or no touch screen doesn't make a difference)

Budget: $1000 and less

Storage: anything that has a dedicated SSD for the OS , preferably 120Gb and higher

Memory: fast ram And at least 4gb, in most situations lots of applications running at once

AMD OR INTEL CPUs: for intel, core i5 and above and for AMD A8 and up

Graphics doesn't matter, don't really need a dedicated GPU

Wireless: dual band 802.11ac or 802.11n

Generally good build quality, eg metal parts, scratch proof glass/gorilla glass

Good battery life

NO APPLE PRODUCTS PLEASE/ TABLETS OR 2 in 1

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks a lot!

Acer S7 392?

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

I'm looking for something that is thin and lightweight (ultra books), with a good battery life and solid build quality. The previous laptop I owned had a flimsy plastic bezel around the screen and since it was very thin, when I put a little bit of force on the screen, it cause a distortion in the center of the screen :(

Size: 15-13 inches

Thinness: around the thickness of a MacBook Pro and less

Weight: not an issue

(Touch screen or no touch screen doesn't make a difference)

Budget: $1000 and less

Storage: anything that has a dedicated SSD for the OS , preferably 120Gb and higher

Memory: fast ram And at least 4gb, in most situations lots of applications running at once

AMD OR INTEL CPUs: for intel, core i5 and above and for AMD A8 and up

Graphics doesn't matter, don't really need a dedicated GPU

Wireless: dual band 802.11ac or 802.11n

Generally good build quality, eg metal parts, scratch proof glass/gorilla glass

Good battery life

NO APPLE PRODUCTS PLEASE/ TABLETS OR 2 in 1

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks a lot!

what do you plan to do on it

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

• 2 weeks later...

what do you plan to do on it

general productivity for university, and the occasional gaming 

http://amzn.to/1uHRwLe My favorite windows laptop for 1000 and under. Acer Aspire S7

Acer S7 392?

the Acer S7 seems to be a really popular option! what about asus zenbooks?? Is Acer releasing another S series product in 2015 with the more efficient broadwell chip?