144hz vs 60z

Noble372
Go to solution Solved by Satlen,

Well, it is amazing in FPS games. I have had to use 60Hz again and the lag is real

Hello i am moving for a 60hz monitor to a 144hz. Can someone tell me who moved from 60hz to 144hz if you notice a huge difference as you cannot tell these things unless you have actually viewed it yourself in person.

Hello i am moving for a 60hz monitor to a 144hz. Can someone tell me who moved from 60hz to 144hz if you notice a huge difference as you cannot tell these things unless you have actually viewed it yourself in person.

Yes, its a noticeable difference. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I don't have a 144 hz monitor myself, but a friend of mine has a 120 hz tv. If the two are as similar as I think, then yes, you should at the very least notice a difference. If you play action games that require a fast response, such as fps or similar games, then it will be a huge difference! You will most certainly see the difference in most other games as well and be able to see everything in a much higher clarity, and much smoother than without the 144 hz.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

You notice it on the desktop let alone when playing games that can be pushed above 60 fps. Its amazing and 60hz panels feel like they are made of molasses. Ive got a 144hz as my main and a 60hz as a secondary and its still great after 3 years of use. 

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

It is noticeable.

You know what else is sadly noticeable? the poor colour accuracy, contrast and viewing angles of a lot of these 144hz monitors.

i traded out my asus pb278q 27" 2560x1440 60 hz with the new asus rog swift pg278q 144 hz, and gotta say ill never go back :)

but its mostly due to the g-sync, was comparing a friends benq monitor 144 hz 1080p with my ROG SWIFT and he had terrible tearing with a 770 oc 4 gb, if u got a 780 og better i would go with a g-sync monitor ! best thing i tried ever in gaming !

i traded out my asus pb278q 27" 2560x1440 60 hz with the new asus rog swift pg278q 144 hz, and gotta say ill never go back :)

but its mostly due to the g-sync, was comparing a friends benq monitor 144 hz 1080p with my ROG SWIFT and he had terrible tearing with a 770 oc 4 gb, if u got a 780 og better i would go with a g-sync monitor ! best thing i tried ever in gaming !

I have an R9 290x so i will not get g sync? Sorry i do not know a lot about g sync

It is noticeable.

You know what else is sadly noticeable? the poor colour accuracy, contrast and viewing angles of a lot of these 144hz monitors.

Yes i do know that. Though the monitor i am getting is meant to have the best colour accuracy, ccontrast and viewing angles for a TN panel I am getting this monitor http://www.benq.com/product/monitor/xl2720z/

I have an R9 290x so i will not get g sync? Sorry i do not know a lot about g sync

yea dosnt work with with other than nvidia gpu's but its still a good monitor too look at not only for the 144hz out of the box but and its the only one with 2560X1440 wich none other tn panels have.. if money isnt a issue ofc :) cus it aint cheap ! 

yea dosnt work with with other than nvidia gpu's but its still a good monitor too look at not only for the 144hz out of the box but and its the only one with 2560X1440 wich none other tn panels have.. if money isnt a issue ofc :) cus it aint cheap ! 

Yes i was thinking about a 2560x1440 but i am afraid that i would lost to many frames when playing games as i like to run my games maxed out with 60fps or higher. This is the monitor i should be getting http://www.benq.com/product/monitor/xl2720z/

You notice right away, especially in fast paced games. A lot more fluidity.

Well, it is amazing in FPS games. I have had to use 60Hz again and the lag is real

Yeah you can't use GSync with a R9 290X but soon there will be monitors with AMD's equivalent technology Free-Sync. So not all hope is lost.

Yeah you can't use GSync with a R9 290X but soon there will be monitors with AMD's equivalent technology Free-Sync. So not all hope is lost.

Yes that would be great but i say you can not miss what you never had. Maybe in the future i might get a card with g sync but i only just got this card and it is great for the price :D

Yes that would be great but i say you can not miss what you never had. Maybe in the future i might get a card with g sync but i only just got this card and it is great for the price :D

What I meant with my response is you're not going to be missing out for too long because you'll have the equivalent from AMD soon. So you wouldn't have to buy a GSync capable GPU.