Are the Logitech G930

Collin

Does anyone have the Logitech G930s and know if they are any good? I really want to get them but I want to hear from people that have them

The Corsair Vengance 2100 are superior in almost every way. Only the macros on the 930 are cool. 

i love em. 10/10

How long have you had them? Also, are there any sound cuts (mic and headset audio)?

@Izaya Orihara what in particular makes them better?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

How long have you had them? Also, are there any sound cuts (mic and headset audio)?

about 8 months now, and no issue. very confy and sturdy. can bearly hear the exterior sounds when you wear em. inside, the sound is crystal clear. stereo mode is great, 7.1 as well. the Logitec App is really cool too, you have a few free voice mods to play with.

and the antenna reaches about 20-25 feet radius, enough to get to the fridge or bathroom.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

They are good but have some areas they could definitely improve on:

- The cup with the buttons etc. on it, left, isn't as well sealed as the right and I find the pressure difference (especially at first) a bit odd feeling. This is probably my main gripe, it would have been nice if they had an inner cup to seal the ear.

- The software doesn't save your settings, at least for the only one I've tried changing - sidetone, this is the feedback from the mic which I find quite annoying, I think there is a way to manually edit one of the files to make it stick though but its annoying Logitech doesn't do anything to fix it when it is a regularly complained about bug, this is something I find really shocking as it shouldn't be a hard thing to do, there are complaints about it going back years now.

- The range and latency is good but I do find it drops out from time to time... it is wireless so this should be expected and its not too regularly but my Logitech mouse definitely holds its connection a lot better, it would have been nice if the audio went through the USB when that was plugged in if you were in 2.4GHz saturated areas like LANs etc. but alas the cable is power only.

- I get a very slight feedback whine when charging, its not noticeable when there is audio running but when its silent its quite noticeable.

- Sometimes, usually after the wireless connection drops out and reconnects, the on ear controls stop working until you cycle the power.

- Some games don't like the surround sound switched on, it starts crackling, you can just throw the switch to stereo to fix this though.

In saying that I do like them and after having a wireless headset wouldn't go back to wired purely from a convenience point of view, they are very comfortable (aside from the afore mentioned pressure difference), have decent audio quality especially from a gaming stand point, a solid battery life with the convenience of being able to charge them whilst still using them and the materials choice makes them easy to keep clean (materials selection is something I think Logitech is all round very good at these days). If mine died I would likely shop around rather then go straight out and buy another pair but failing to find anything that addresses my above points I would happily spend the money on them again. I would love to see them release a new version with these fixes then I would drop my money on them without a second thought.

They are good but have some areas they could definitely improve on:

- The cup with the buttons etc. on it, left, isn't as well sealed as the right and I find the pressure difference (especially at first) a bit odd feeling. This is probably my main gripe, it would have been nice if they had an inner cup to seal the ear.

- The software doesn't save your settings, at least for the only one I've tried changing - sidetone, this is the feedback from the mic which I find quite annoying, I think there is a way to manually edit one of the files to make it stick though but its annoying Logitech doesn't do anything to fix it when it is a regularly complained about bug, this is something I find really shocking as it shouldn't be a hard thing to do, there are complaints about it going back years now.

- The range and latency is good but I do find it drops out from time to time... it is wireless so this should be expected and its not too regularly but my Logitech mouse definitely holds its connection a lot better, it would have been nice if the audio went through the USB when that was plugged in if you were in 2.4GHz saturated areas like LANs etc. but alas the cable is power only.

- I get a very slight feedback whine when charging, its not noticeable when there is audio running but when its silent its quite noticeable.

- Sometimes, usually after the wireless connection drops out and reconnects, the on ear controls stop working until you cycle the power.

- Some games don't like the surround sound switched on, it starts crackling, you can just throw the switch to stereo to fix this though.

In saying that I do like them and after having a wireless headset wouldn't go back to wired purely from a convenience point of view, they are very comfortable (aside from the afore mentioned pressure difference), have decent audio quality especially from a gaming stand point, a solid battery life with the convenience of being able to charge them whilst still using them and the materials choice makes them easy to keep clean (materials selection is something I think Logitech is all round very good at these days). If mine died I would likely shop around rather then go straight out and buy another pair but failing to find anything that addresses my above points I would happily spend the money on them again. I would love to see them release a new version with these fixes then I would drop my money on them without a second thought.

After reading this, I think I am going to buy them. I have a Blue Snowball so I don't care much about the mic. Anyhow, just having no wire seems great.

After reading this, I think I am going to buy them. I have a Blue Snowball so I don't care much about the mic. Anyhow, just having no wire seems great.

why would you buy a headset if you already have a mic.  :huh:

why would you buy a headset if you already have a mic.  :huh:

My headset is shit and I can always use a backup mic :)

I don't really see how it is a big deal, having a mic on my headset doesn't matter to me. I may start even using it.

I don't really see how it is a big deal, having a mic on my headset doesn't matter to me. I may start even using it.

Because headset sound quality is about 10x less than real headphones for the same price.

Bump, I can get them today. Also noticed background noise with my blue snowball so now kinda want a headset mic. Should I get the Logitech G930s?

Bump, I can get them today. Also noticed background noise with my blue snowball so now kinda want a headset mic. Should I get the Logitech G930s?

No. If you need a headset then grab the Kingston HyperX but the mic on that is not the best. A better option might be to get headphones and a stand for your mic to bring it closer to your mouth and turn down it's volume. 

I really suggest you read the audio FAQ before buying anything. You don't really need a back up mic, it's not something that normally breaks.