[gradual updates]New rig starts

Misanthrope

So I'm starting a new rig and decided to go for gradual orders since I kinda suck at saving money for too long and will honestly use it on boose or something stupid like that, plus Corsair is having a promotional sale with small discounts right now so might as well get some parts. I'll post all the parts I'll be ordering and for future updates I'll let you know what I'm thinking if I haven't pulled the trigger

+First Order+

SPEC03_three_quarter_hero_up_orange.png

-Corsair SPEC-03 Rationale: It was on sale for like USD 66 and it's a decent case vs the normal crap that is at this same price range where you get no dust filters, crap space, no side windows, etc. Plus full disclaimer here: I kinda like tacky cases like this anyway and it was like half of what the 350D is so instead of having my rig look like EVERYONE's rig (no offense it's a nice case) I went for the Bane case here

SSD_forceLX_angle_128GB.png

-Rationale: A first for me since I never owned an SSD. I figured that this was a good choice of something that would not go over the budget for this order (180USD or so) so this will be my boot drive and install for my main or most played games. The 750gb mechanical I have will be reused until it dies (It's 5 years old so it has a few more years left in it) 

+Next Order (Likely on/around 9/26)+

-AMD 8320: I am thinking that this has a definite price advantage on the 8350 by about 45 USD and I might just be able to achieve 8350 clock speeds on the 8320 with just air cooling. Not set in stone so I might upgrade to the 8350 or even downgrade to the 6300 but that's unlikely I want something that will allow for some more threads since I do dabble with Visualization from time to time.

-Gigabyte ATX GA-970A-UD3P although this is pretty much up in the air. This board I feel is a bit expensive for what I want but the cheaper 760 boards don't go well with the color schemes I want/like (They're mostly blue and I don't like them) But I might just get something 760 based instead of 970 because it is like 20 or 30 bucks cheaper

-RAM: 2*4GB of whatever is on sale, likely Kingston or Adata, don't care it's just ram and ddr3 so as long as it's cheap it won't affect my usage much (gaming mostly)

+Third Order (Late October/Early November)

-A GPU which is pretty much up in the air. I'm aiming for something around 450 USD but bear in mind that no matter where I get the parts (locally or internationally shipped to me) I will end up paying a 30% premium so the 970 will barely fit that budget in which case I might just "settle" for a 290 instead.

-1080p 24" monitor: This will become my main screen and my current 720p 19" will become my secondary, "Damn check that ass!" keep an eye on facebook, LTT and other nonsense while gaming or watching videos.

+Recycled parts to be upgraded later/when needed+

-PSU: I'm reusing my corsair 650watt 80 bronze PSU which is 5 years old but I trust it to keep my rig running ok until I get those December bonuses at work and shit

-HDD: I'm honestly just fucking hoarding at this point when it comes to storage, 99% of the time I'm streaming music or videos and have tons of games installed I never actually play and could install in minutes/hours by redownloading from steam as needed. So I'm just going to keep using my 750gb hdd as needed

-Mice/Keyboard: Don't care as long as they're black and they work. I'm not a twitch gamer or proficient typer so a membrane will do ok for my highly-nerve-damaged-anyway hands.

---

Also I take suggestions as to names, Dragon inspired or east european are my preferences so if you think of something lemme know.

-------

Current Rig

-------

+Next Order (Likely on/around 9/26)+

-AMD 8320: I am thinking that this has a definite price advantage on the 8350 by about 45 USD and I might just be able to achieve 8350 clock speeds on the 8320 with just air cooling. Not set in stone so I might upgrade to the 8350 or even downgrade to the 6300 but that's unlikely I want something that will allow for some more threads since I do dabble with Visualization from time to time.

dsnt.gif

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ