LAPD confronts Call of Duty 'Ghost' statue in tense standoff

Ceryndrion

Okay, so, this is probably the wrong place, and I'm sure that somebody else will have noticed this elsewhere, but these things cannot be helped sometimes, I am too busy giggling..

On thursday night, a 'panic' alarm was triggered at the Robotoki offices, with armed police responding to what they initially believed was a masked gunman. A tense showdown ensued between the armed members of the LAPD, and the life-sized statue of CoD:MW2's Simon "Ghost" Riley.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/31/4383220/robert-bowlings-robotoki-invaded-by-lapd-after-curious-designer

On a day where the sad news is released that the co-founder of Oculus VR has been tragically killed, reading this news item has made me giggle my socks off.

Inside: 3570k@4.2, H100i with  NF-F12 Fans, AX760, GTX660 Z77 MPower,

Outside: Corsair 500R, M95, G15v1, Solo7C speakers.

lol poor statue, giving into sterotpyes 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Ahahahaha!

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

lol what does that button do? PRESS IT !!! :D Nice statue.

All somebody has to do next is make a lifesize replica of the call of duty dog and press the panic button.

LOL!

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

oh dear... i dont think ive face palmed so hard in my entire life

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

"Guys, GUYS...... Why isn't he moving...... HE MUST BE ON DRUGS!!!"

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

LOL. They were probably yelling at him to drop his weapon and he is just standing there being still as a statue.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I live in LA. Trust me, LAPD is a joke.

Imagine if they started shooting and after seeing his lack of reaction gave up and ran away scared :lol:.

This, is the best thing the police have ever done.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

When everyone was leaving for work one employee thought it would be fun to press the in case of armed threat button. When the police arrived they saw a statue from call of duty: ghosts with a gun, proceeded in the building with guns pointed. They reach they employee and found out the statue was a statue. The night ended with a round of video games and chatting late at night.

source- http://www.tweaktown.com/news/30785/lapd-get-into-standoff-with-call-of-duty-ghost-statue/index.html