Maximum Hard Drives?

XAgent

How many hard drives can possibly fit in a cooler master HAF Stacker 935? including extra cages in the 915.

I sense some sarcasm there :D

Ohhhhh you don't know.

yes, but thats not including how many extra hard drive cages can be put in each case. these extra hard drive cages, to be exact: http://www.coolermaster.com/case/case-accessories/haf-stacker-storage-kit/

Assume 9 only, looks like 15 could fit with two more cages.

Watched Linus' video again and with a 945 (925+915+915) he said 9+9+6, so 24 total. And for my uses, that means 96Tb of storage (albeit at the might price of $3600).

Watched Linus' video again and with a 945 (925+915+915) he said 9+9+6, so 24 total. And for my uses, that means 96Tb of storage (albeit at the might price of $3600).

you will need some expansion cards... ^^

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

you will need some expansion cards... ^^

well that's true

• 2 weeks later...

you will need some high airflow fans to keep them cool too as i have 9 drives in a 915F and until i got a couple of extra fans I had to unplug 3 drives.

• 1 month later...

And taking into account for new WD Red 6TB drives, up to 144TB total storage. For $7000, plus a 24 port SATA/SAS controller $1400, is like $8500 total. Not horrible...

And taking into account for new WD Red 6TB drives, up to 144TB total storage. For $7000, plus a 24 port SATA/SAS controller $1400, is like $8500 total. Not horrible...

"Not horrible"? :blink:  May I borrow your wallet? :D

Just curious... what would you need 96 (or even 144) TB of storage for?

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

And how would you even begin to cool those 24 harddrives? O.o

I could fill that in a week or two.

I could fill that in a week or two.

With what, if I may ask? I'm planning a NAS and I'm not sure whether I really need the 9-12 TB it would give me or not... ok, storage space is always useful, but I really don't know (yet) how to fill it all. Certainly not with my current internet connection.  :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

With what, if I may ask? I'm planning a NAS and I'm not sure whether I really need the 9-12 TB it would give me or not... ok, storage space is always useful, but I really don't know (yet) how to fill it all. Certainly not with my current internet connection.  :D

Music lots of music.

Music lots of music.

:o Music? 100 TB and more? In less than 2 weeks? I can still measure all the music I got in GB, not TB...

• 1 month later...

I would cool it with a cooler master haf stacker and LOTS of fans.