Monitor won't turn on!

FakezZ

So my dad told me that his monitor stopped working, so I checked it. What I found was that when the psu of the monitor is connected, the led on the psu is blinking, however when it is disconnected it is just fine. The monitor does not turn on at all, it is just black without even the no input thingy popping up. It is a local branded one(likely a rebrand). The model number is 215LD. What can I do?

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

What is the PSU of the monitor? You mean just the light that is on to determine the monitor is on?

Either way, just make sure that all cables are nice and tight, and make sure the GPU fans are running

What is the PSU of the monitor? You mean just the light that is on to determine the monitor is on?

Either way, just make sure that all cables are nice and tight, and make sure the GPU fans are running

I mean the thingy you connect power from the wall to and then a circular connector comes out for the monitor. It has an led indicator on it for when it is connected to power. The monitor even when connected to a gpu, it still does not work.

How long has the monitor been in service?

About a year and a half. It is still in warranty, but I would like to avoid dealing with customer service, because of lack of time...

About a year and a half. It is still in warranty, but I would like to avoid dealing with customer service, because of lack of time...

It could be that just the PSU is faulty, get a new one but make sure it's the same voltage and amperage

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

By any chance, do you have any other ports on your monitor? Maybe you can try them?

By any chance, do you have any other ports on your monitor? Maybe you can try them?

Yes it also has a vga port, but that's what my dad was using (I know I've told him to go buy a dvi cable, but he doesn't really give a shit xD) and it didn't work either then. I guess I can try a new psu. God I just hope it is not the monitor :c

It could be that just the PSU is faulty, get a new one but make sure it's the same voltage and amperage

But should I use the input voltage(100 - 240v, probably not this one) and amperage (1.2A) or the output (12v and 3000mA)?

But should I use the input voltage(100 - 240v, probably not this one) and amperage (1.2A) or the output (12v and 3000mA)?

Model number of the PSU?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Yes the output, match what's highlighted above

Yes the output, match what's highlighted above

Okay I'm going to get to the store and try a new psu tommorow. I really hope it is the psu :D

Okay I'm going to get to the store and try a new psu tommorow. I really hope it is the psu :D

Yes take the one you currently have to the store as a sample so as not to make a mistake with the voltage and amperage, it's very important hey

The Amperage of the adapter you will buy can also be HIGHER than 3000mA, but not lower. So If you find any 12V adapter that can output more than 3 amps, you'll be fine.

You say when you connect the PSU it starts blinking. Am I right to think that the blinking is rapid?

The Amperage of the adapter you will buy can also be HIGHER than 3000mA, but not lower. So If you find any 12V adapter that can output more than 3 amps, you'll be fine.

You say when you connect the PSU it starts blinking. Am I right to think that the blinking is rapid?

Yeah it is pretty rapid. 

Yes take the one you currently have to the store as a sample so as not to make a mistake with the voltage and amperage, it's very important hey

Yeah I will :)

When a power supply LED starts blinking/flashing rapidly it means it can't keep up with the demand. AKA the output isn't constant anymore, which is why the LED starts flashing. So either a short circuit (usually you can hear whining coming from the adapter) or the supply's gone dead.

IF your new supply does this too, there'll be a short circuit in the screen which causes it to pull more current than the supply can push.

In that case you could best send it back for warranty, since it still should have it. Just don't tell the company that you used a different adapter on it, they'll use that as an excuse to void the warranty.

When a power supply LED starts blinking/flashing rapidly it means it can't keep up with the demand. AKA the output isn't constant anymore, which is why the LED starts flashing. So either a short circuit (usually you can hear whining coming from the adapter) or the supply's gone dead.

IF your new supply does this too, there'll be a short circuit in the screen which causes it to pull more current than the supply can push.

In that case you could best send it back for warranty, since it still should have it. Just don't tell the company that you used a different adapter on it, they'll use that as an excuse to void the warranty.

Yeah you need to seem like a total noob when dealing with warranty matters :P I'm just gonna have to find some time to go get the adapter or trust my mum to buy it(last resort, because I'll probably have to go myself to get the correct thing anyway xD).

is it plugged it ?

all kidding aside 

i would agree with these guys about the psu its your best bet hopefully were right