nvidia 970 might turn me into an ... "nvidiot"

I/O

Why does buying one brand over another make you an idiot when they both release very similar products?

Generally nvidia is always way overpriced. This time around they got the price/performance ratio bang on with the GTX 970 and hit a home run right otta the ball park.

Because the AMD fan boys think they are cool using such phrases... I find that most disturbing, since I was under the impression many of the people here want to be considered educated gamers or enthusiasts.

What this .... "Some Shit" ! I am a fanboy only to my wallet which is why I am nergasiming and giving praise to the effect that I will propbly be picking up an nvidia GTX 970 because it's an outstanding value for money which is something nvidia has failed hard at for a long time.

Nvidiot I love it!

Never heard that before

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

What this .... "Some Shit" ! I am a fanboy only to my wallet which is why I am nergasiming and giving praise to the effect that I will propbly be picking up an nvidia GTX 970 because it's an outstanding value for money which is something nvidia has failed hard at for a long time.

I/O I understand you, but maybe you could work a bit on the way you express certain things. And that you are not just a hater tells me this thread already, othwerwise you wouldn´t consider nVidia now as an option.

BTW the 970 is insane. I was already thinking getting three of these instead of the 980s but I guess I am way too greedy to do that.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Nvidiot I love it!

Never heard that before

I coined that one myself.

I can't wait for their naming scheme...

R10 2k14xxx series

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I/O I understand you, but maybe you could work a bit on the way you express certain things. And that you are not just a hater tells me this thread already, othwerwise you wouldn´t consider nVidia now as an option.

BTW the 970 is insane. I was already thinking getting three of these instead of the 980s but I guess I am way too greedy to do that.

I was going to go for the 980 @ $550 but the fact is that 980 can't be had in Canada for under $600+ which is BS therefore I decided that the 970 STRIX @ $400 with taxes and shipping included is a way better value for money and I can still go SLI and stomp anything except SLI 980s. nvidia despite all my doubts came through on this one and the 970 is so good that even if AMD offers something a bit better down the road I will not feel bad going with nvidia today by any means.

I was going to go for the 980 @ $550 but the fact is that 980 can't be had in Canada for under $600+ which is BS therefore I decided that the 970 STRIX @ $400 with taxes and shipping included is a way better value for money and I can still go SLI and stomp anything except SLI 980s. nvidia despite all my doubts came through on this one and the 970 is so good that even if AMD offers something a bit better down the road I will not feel bad going with nvidia today by any means.

I am on the way to my local Microcenter now and get 2 of the 980s. I will benchmark them and then go from there on it the 3 card makes sense for me (I run a 4K monitor). But the 970 Strix seems to be a hell of a GPU... semi passiv, ultra silent system on air, a dream!

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I coined that one myself.

And spent the last month solid calling everyone who wanted to wait to see what the 900 series cards were going to be like instead of rushing out and buying 290/290X's an "Nvidiot."

You pissed a lot of people off with that nonsense.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

And spent the last month solid calling everyone "Nvidiot."

Thread title

nvidia 970 might turn me into an ... "nvidiot" ....

If that's not very high praise I don't know what is.

Thread title

nvidia 970 might turn me into an ... "nvidiot" ....

If that's not very high praise I don't know what is.

And last night, when you said I was "Nvignorant" while discussing the prices of the 970 and 980 because I linked an article to the correct prices while you were busy claiming the 980 was going to be 700-800 USD?

I suppose you were just singing the praises then too eh?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

And last night, when you said I was "Nvignorant" while discussing the prices of the 970 and 980 because I linked an article to the correct prices while you were busy claiming the 980 was going to be 700-800 USD?

I suppose you were just singing the praises then too.

So you are chastising me cause I was off by $100 ? For at a minimum you should be happy that I am pumping up the GTX 970 because it actually offers something nvidia has not offered in a long fucking time PRICE/PERFORMANCE !

AMD R9 300 x2 liquid cooled thing is the rumored name.

R9 395x2... I really do not understand people not understanding the naming scheme, to me it makes perfect sense, non X are worse than a X, a xx5 ( non X) is better than a xx0 (non X). At least AMD is not skipping entire numbers (700 to 900)

Price/performance in the US, but here in my country the 970 is 450 bucks, before tax -_-

Not really into workstation GPUs but using a work station GPU for a gaming rig is retarded and an expensive move. Seriously stop trying to bother me with your shit posting LOL.

Seriously? You of all people complain about shit posting. You have lost the right to complain about shit posting.

When should we expect to hear from amd?

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

When should we expect to hear from amd?

At this rate I really don't care if it's not for awhile cause I am going to enjoy me some 970 action.