So, I just did it...

SovietOnion

Kim Kardashian vs SLI 980 ? I'd take Kim all day 

Smart move.

If you go with Kim you will be rich enough to go 4 way sli 980s ;)

RTX2070OC 

I just summited a refund for my 290x

Hahahahaha, yeah it's pretty much the same performance for half the price of the GTX  780 Ti it's ridiculous good deal. 

You can have my place holder GT 630 :P  

fine I'll get my own 970  :(

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Hahahahaha, yeah it's pretty much the same performance for half the price of the GTX  780 Ti it's ridiculous good deal. 

Wait what? What should I get 890 or 780ti

Nice. Just put in my step up request with EVGA for a 980

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

What a pointless thread.

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

Wait what? What should I get 890 or 780ti

What? you mean GTX 970? Get the 970 man it's pretty much the same performance as that 290X just $200 cheaper. 

What? you mean GTX 970? Get the 970 man it's pretty much the same performance as that 290X just $200 cheaper. 

No I want the 890

I just ordered a 980 :D

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz | MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: G.Skill Trident 16GB DDR3-2400 | Graphics: EVGA GTX980 Superclocked

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Black 2TB / WD Green 4TB | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Which bridge do you live under mr. roll

I live under the bridge of I own a 290x and am returning it and buying a 980

610.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I just summited a refund for my 290x

RIGHT ON BUDDY ! nvidia is FTW right now. Prior to the outstanding addition of the price/performance you get with nvidia 9xx series I would have recommended the R9 290 all freaking day but hey the value of nvidia 9xx cannot be ignored which is amazing given the amazing value the R9 290 represented.

Whoa, nice purchases there dude! ;)

Back in my neck of the woods, some enthusiasts have gone hog wild with their nVidia upgrades, they build  whole new systems with i7 5960X + Asus Rampage V Extreme + 3x GTX980 systems. Simply left me slack jawed when I see their builds....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Kim Kardashian vs SLI 980 ? I'd take Kim all day

BTW Congratz on (to my knowlage) 1st LTT member with a 9** series cards

Kim k is ugly AF

RIGHT ON BUDDY ! nvidia is FTW right now. Prior to the outstanding addition of the price/performance you get with nvidia 9xx series I would have recommended the R9 290 all freaking day but hey the value of nvidia 9xx cannot be ignored which is amazing given the amazing value the R9 290 represented.

What? No...

You know it

8dG4ptr.jpg

RIP Bank account... 

Nice but you are aware that this particular version has the ACX1.0 cooler and not the ACX2.0 right? Yes some EVGA 970s and 980s are being shipped with the ACX1.0 cooler. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Nice but you are aware that this particular version has the ACX1.0 cooler and not the ACX2.0 right? Yes some EVGA 970s and 980s are being shipped with the ACX1.0 cooler. 

Lmao it doesn't even matter... Newegg blocked my credit card because my Paypal Address was different than my Newegg account address "609 South Pine" vs. 609 South Pine St" ... but yeah I noticed, I'm pretty sure the only difference is the 2.0 has a metal/plastic shroud instead of just a plastic one. 

Lmao it doesn't even matter... Newegg blocked my credit card because my Paypal Address was different than my Newegg account address "609 South Pine" vs. 609 South Pine St" ... but yeah I noticed, I'm pretty sure the only difference is the 2.0 has a metal/plastic shroud instead of just a plastic one. 

Nope. There was a problem with loose fin which made an annoying noise even at low fan speed, on some of the ACX1.0 coolers on the superclocked line of GPUs but some how the FTW and Classified GPUs did not have this problem.

Anyway you won't know if that one will have the problem as you said they blocked your purchase because of the address inconsistency. Didn't know newegg accepts Paypal. You can correct the address in either Paypal or your newegg account and make both addresses the same on and then make your purchase.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I really want to order a 980, but my wife has promised that I'll only have it to sleep with if I do.

hahaha I shwed what you said to my dad .... he said he'd rather sleep with the 8980... hahahaha cause there be less nagging