Corsair h110 installation

Hey guys what is the difference between CPU_Fan slot and CPU_OPT slot? I justed installed my corsair h110 onto the CPU_OPT slot so is that correct and provide maximum efficiency? Also this is a noob question but does water coolers make water flowing sound from time to time? I heard water flowing the first time the cooler was set up but after I shut down and boot up the system again later in the day, there were no more water sounds. Thanks 

CPU_OPT is the optional plug. Usually you would plug it into CPU_Fan but it doesn't make a difference they're both the same. AIO Watercoolers sometimes make gargling or bubbling sounds usually on startup and if the Pump changes speed - it's normal.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Thanks man and sorry I actually meant the water pump. So based on what you said it should be fine if I stick the pump connector to the CPU_fan and a connector from one of the two fans from the H110 into the CPU_OPT? 

Thanks man and sorry I actually meant the water pump. So based on what you said it should be fine if I stick the pump connector to the CPU_fan and a connector from one of the two fans from the H110 into the CPU_OPT? 

Yes that works fine. However those pumps dont really like to change speeds a lot and from my experience they actually run best / smoothest when at full speed. So make sure that the speed on the connector with the pump is always at 100%. (Had temperature problems with the H80 because the mobo regulated the pump speed up and down...)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I put the pump on CPU_FAN and a fan splitter leading to the two fans on the H110 on to CPU_OPT. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro