Black Screen of Death Windows 8.1 Help!?

Prodigy22

Hi guys having trouble with my pc, it seems as though everytime I update windows 8.1 something goes wrong with my AMD drivers and I get stuck with a black screen both on normal start up and even safe mode. Last time this happened I was able to get to safe mode but not this time. Need help! Thanks!

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Yea yeah Nvidia lol, regardless of beta drivers I cant go into safe mode and install it.

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Yea yeah Nvidia lol, regardless of beta drivers I cant go into safe mode and install it.

Can you try with integrated GPU? (Take out GPU)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I went into the BIOS and set it to boot with integrated graphics, plugged in dvi to back of motherboard and still black with flashing cursor

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Is it a black screen after the boot logo but before the account splash screen?. Windows 8 does that when its either doing somthing in the background (updates) or recovering from an error. I used to get it awhile ago but if you leave it for 5 secs or so it will normally move onto the next screen.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I went into the BIOS and set it to boot with integrated graphics, plugged in dvi to back of motherboard and still black with flashing cursor

Are you still unable to get into safe mode or recovery mode?

If you still have a Windows disk or USB driver, you might be able to use the repair option return to a former safe point.

Process is described here, as option two: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html

But sometime Windows 8 will just do a black screen. Try to let it run a period of time.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Are you still unable to get into safe mode or recovery mode?

If you still have a Windows disk or USB driver, you might be able to use the repair option return to a former safe point.

Process is described here, as option two: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html

But sometime Windows 8 will just do a black screen. Try to let it run a period of time.

Cannot get into safe mode even with integrated graphics. Also said recovery point always has an error and doesn't work.

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Cannot get into safe mode even with integrated graphics. Also said recovery point always has an error and doesn't work.

Don't you have several recovery points? 

How long have you tried letting it stay on the black screen/screen with blinking cursor?

The easiest solution I can see here is reinstalling Windows, but that might not be preferable. However I am running low on ideas.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Specs

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA 32MB

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 OC 975MHZ 2GB 4.8GHZ

Ram: Kingston 8GB Kit 2X4GB HyperX CL9

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy mITX Mini-ITX Tower Case Midnight Black

CPU: Intel Core i5 3470 Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.2GHZ

Fan: Bitfenix Spectre 230MM White LED Case Fan

PSU: Corsair CX Series CX500 500W 80 Plus Bronze 120mm Fan

Motherboard: Gigabyte H77N-WIFI mITX LGA1155

Cooling: Noctua NH-L9i Low Profile Heatsink Cooler w/ Slim NF-A9x14 92MM

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Don't you have several recovery points?

How long have you tried letting it stay on the black screen/screen with blinking cursor?

The easiest solution I can see here is reinstalling Windows, but that might not be preferable. However I am running low on ideas.

I have tried 2 restore points both giving me errors and letting it sit for 10-15 min at a time in black screen safe mode

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Incoming "Buy Nvidia" comments.

Are they beta drivers?

The image was quoted, so I had to clean up :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Is there some other way I can try integrated graphics cause I have to be doing something wrong if it's still black in safe mode in integrated graphics

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Hi guys having trouble with my pc, it seems as though everytime I update windows 8.1 something goes wrong with my AMD drivers and I get stuck with a black screen both on normal start up and even safe mode. Last time this happened I was able to get to safe mode but not this time. Need help! Thanks!

Well, this is caused by the drivers, you can roll back your Windows or you can make a Windows 8 boot disk and then reboot your computer