Will my new Build Bottleneck?

Go to solution Solved by Sidiox,

It'll be fine, but the CPU might slightly hold back the 750Ti, since that is still a very capable card, but it won't be by much. Although as a general comment the amount of ram is maybe a bit high for your build? Since it is only running an i3? Perhaps that is just me, but it kinda stood out

Watup Guys, I'm new here on Linus Tech Tips Forum and I'm getting my first gaming rig after a couple of weeks. So here is my build:

CPU: Intel core i3 4150

GPU: GTX 750ti FTW

RAM: 8GB 1333MHz

Mobo: MSI H81M-E34   

PSU: 450W Corsair

Didn't Put the whole build but you get my point. I want to make sure there is no bottlenecking with this build specially the CPU and GPU. Thanks.. The Geeker.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Nope, it'll be fine!

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

It'll be fine, but the CPU might slightly hold back the 750Ti, since that is still a very capable card, but it won't be by much. Although as a general comment the amount of ram is maybe a bit high for your build? Since it is only running an i3? Perhaps that is just me, but it kinda stood out

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

wow, that was some quick answers ThankYou m8s. I'm starting to like this forum. So I had another question. How good will the Games like Skyrim, Crysis 3, GTA V and Destiny run? not sure if destiny is out for PC but yeah you get my point again.

Maybe because I'll be editing for my YouTube videos too. Well I know the CPU sucks for rendering but first rig so you know. Lets see how this fast computers works as my current Laptop cant even handle 1080p streaming... lol

Maybe because I'll be editing for my YouTube videos too. Well I know the CPU sucks for rendering but first rig so you know. Lets see how this fast computers works as my current Laptop cant even handle 1080p streaming... lol

This one also won't handle 1080p streaming that well either, not many pc will, since streaming is very CPU intensive

Edit:

Apperantly this is my 500th post, yay!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

wow, that was some quick answers ThankYou m8s. I'm starting to like this forum. So I had another question. How good will the Games like Skyrim, Crysis 3, GTA V and Destiny run? not sure if destiny is out for PC but yeah you get my point again.

Skyrim will run smoothly, Crysis 3 not that much(heavy game) . Gta V and Destiny are not yet released for the pc so... no one knows.

No bottleneck.
Nice build.

Check out the gtx 650 ti boost.
Performs a bit better than the gtx 750ti.
Both the card will be able to play all the latest games on 1080p at medium-high setting at decent frame rate.

Don't forget to like posts that help and if your thread gets answered mark it as solved.

As for those games, skyrim will run okay, not on max but it will decent. Crysis 3 won't run that well, but even on low that game looks fantastic. GTA V and Destiny aren't yet out on pc so we can't really comment on it, but if the GTA V port will be like the GTA IV port then it won't run good on any system

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Don't forget to like posts that help and if your thread gets answered mark it as solved.

As for those games, skyrim will run okay, not on max but it will decent. Crysis 3 won't run that well, but even on low that game looks fantastic. GTA V and Destiny aren't yet out on pc so we can't really comment on it, but if the GTA V port will be like the GTA IV port then it won't run good on any system

Sure mate and I'm glad You could post your 500th post on my thread and you guys are really decent. Thanks. I was thinking I would be totally humiliated by not knowing the GTA V and Destiny infos but LINUS has his Cat.. lol just kidding.