Which GeForce GTX 660 version should i get?

mads243

Hi guys, im finally building my own pc, only problem is choosing the graphics card. I have decided to go with the GeForce GTX 660, only problem is that there are a lot of different versions. I live in Denmark and im using this site to find a graphics card, URL ( http://www.edbpriser.dk/hardware/gra...eneric4&qt=Fql ). I hope to get 1 card and then a second card later to run sli.

If you could stretch your budget, you should consider a GTX660 TI. Anyway i like Asus cards, they are cool and quiet.

I don't think i will be able to stretch my budget, will be sticking to the gtx 660.

Asus / Galaxy / MSI / Gigabite should be fine with these brands

Interested in Business and Technology

Buy the gigabyte it is cheaper in most cases, and it is usually more factory OC-ed

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

You should get a 670 and not bother yourself with SLI. Sell it off to upgrade to a better card in the future if it is needed.

For the 600s, ASUS coolers are awesome. Gigabyte has the only coolers that come close on the Nvidia side this generation.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-memory-bandwidth-anti-aliasing,3283-16.html

Listen to those and you'll see what I mean. The difference isn't as pronounced as it is with the 670/680s, but there's still a clear winner.

I highly recommend the MSI Twin Frozr III GTX 660/OC Card. I recently acquired it and it's been excellent. I haven't had any problems with running games at high frame rates in 1600 x 900.

May the Force be with you.

ASUS Cards will be good, only if your case is well ventilated. The "open" design of the cooler doesn't exhaust heat out of your case, but around the inside of you case, thereby increasing the ambient temperature in your case.

If you case is not well ventilated, I would recommend EVGA. Simply becasue of their great service.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

The asus direct cu top is really quiet !! I would go for that!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Hi guys' date=' im finally building my own pc, only problem is choosing the graphics card. I have decided to go with the GeForce GTX 660, only problem is that there are a lot of different versions. I live in Denmark and im using this site to find a graphics card, URL ( http://www.edbpriser.dk/hardware/gra...eneric4&qt=Fql ). I hope to get 1 card and then a second card later to run sli.

660's look great with a TI.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

("I'm a Fanboy of Everything")
| CPU - i5-4670K @ 4.8ghz | CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 620 | GPU(S) - BIOS MODDED Twin GTX 770 4gb (Gigabyte)-master (Zotac)-slave @ 1337/2000 (8000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Ram - 8gb Gskill RipjawsX @ 1866Mhz | Monitor - Samsung 27" 550 1080p 75Hz | Keyboard - Razer Black-Widow Ultimate 2013 | Storage - 2x 1TB WD-Blacks' | Mouse - AzzA Mouse Would Say "SQUEEKSQUEEK"|

SECONDARY RADEON PC

| CPU - A10-6800K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler - CM Hyper EVO 212 | GPU(S) Twin Radeon 270x 2gb @ 1115/1500 (6000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 | PSU - Logisys 750W | Ram - 8gb @ 1600mhz | Moniter - Acer 24'' 1080p 60Hz

Just wanted to ask if anybody has had any experience of having two GTX 660 cards in sli and what was there experience.

I use SLI 660s and was seriously impressed with the performance. Started with a single 660 and picked up another the next paycheck. 660 is a great "good enough" card, and when you SLI them you get some serious graphical horsepower for a relatively low cost. Heres a video on the topic that shows how sli 660s measures up.

Also SLI just looks awesome in my case, and i'm all about looks :)

Just buy the one with best warranty and lowest cost. More than likely that's EVGA.

i5 3570K - MSI GD65 z77 - 660ti 2gb SLI - Kingston HyperX Blu 8gb (4x2gb) - Corsair H100i - Corsair 500r - Corsair HX 850w - Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD

I would go with Asus GeForce gtc660 2048mb DirectCUII OC. I got it and IMO it´s just a great card.

Runs farcry 3 at highest settings with no problem.