Looking to understand build.

Arc

Okay guys, So im looking to understand the build that was done for me. 

What I'm looking for is a gaming machine that can record while playing current games in 1080p. Im finding I get fps drops while recording even though i was sure the system would handle what i was doing.

So here's the build.

Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-PS 80 Plus Silver

Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD

Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001

MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming 3GB

AMD A10 7850K 4-Core Processor

MSI A88X G45 Gaming Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY8GX3M2A2133C11R 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower Case Gunmetal

2 x Samsung S23A750 23 inch screens

So nothing has been over clocked. Im looking to understand if there is anything that may be causing the build to not perform as I thought it would. Also, if i could make any upgrades what would you suggest as i am looking to overclock the cpu/gpu to milk performance out of it. I was thinking of another R9 280x and a water cooling system for the cpu.

Thanks for the help guys

Arc

go with an i5 4440 and a h97 motherboard instead of the 7850k. the ipgu will be disabled when with another other then a 290/290x

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I assume the Quad-Core 7850K is not up to the task of streaming? 

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

It's your cpu that's the problem, oc the cpu to minimize the bottlencecking between the gpu and cpu.  

I wouldn't have used a Kaveri APU with a decent discrete GPU. I would have gone with an FX series CPU or i5/i7 for this. And I would probably have gone with Nvidia GTX 770 purely because of Shadowplay.

So im relatively new to the whole building a pc thing. Could someone explain why the cpu is the issue? Also will ocing it help or is it simply not up to the task?

The GPU(Graphics Card) is designed to do one thing, output graphics(There are some programs that can harness your GPU to do other tasks but not in this case.. The CPU is more like a multitool. It runs everything else. You might have a great GPU, but when you record, the cpu is trying to run the game AND record the screen. It just can't handle it.

So im relatively new to the whole building a pc thing. Could someone explain why the cpu is the issue? Also will ocing it help or is it simply not up to the task?

The problem with the CPU is it's not just a CPU it's an APU which is means a quad core CPU fucked a GPU and made babies so because you have an independent GPU half the APU is potato

If you want a cheaper way to record gameplays without having to buy a new processor and mobo, you could buy an Avermedia LGP Lite(or Live Gamer Portable). It will allow you to capture your gameplay with zero performance hit. 

Major CPU bottleneck... Get an i5-based system or a capture card...

the issue with the CPU, is that a large portion of the budget is going to the integrated gpu on it, and since you have a seperate GPU, that is a "waste" of money,

overclocking it will help, but it its not a very powerful CPU

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Okay, so after doing some required reading I've come to realize I may be stuck with what I have if I don't want to replace the motherboard and processor at the same time. Is there any other processors that will work with that motherboard as I don't really have the option of just slapping in a 4790k. 

nope. that is the highest end cpu that can be put in that socket. if you don't want to upgrade, get a capture card.

So the new plan on this computer is to pull out the mother board and APU replace it with a Maximus VII Ranger with an I7 4790k in it. The eventual goal is to get another 280x and put it in cross fire. Now my question(s) is/are:

How much ram is this system going to need to pull the most out of the system?

What sort of power supply am I looking at for the system? (With a modest oc)

Cheers

what power supply do you currenly have?

a 4790k is overkill for gaming. 4690k is much better value

8gb of ram is enough but 16gb is ideal.

the cpu is bad. well not bad. just not good for streaming. so it makes the graphics card not run like it should.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

You don't need an i7 or that expensive of a motherboard and you probably don't want to crossfire a 280x on a 600w psu unless you want to blow everything up.

Oh i understand that 600 wont be enough for the system. I was just wondering what upgrade am i looking at for the psu. Like would a 850w do the trick or is it safer to use a 1000w?

what power supply do you currenly have?

a 4790k is overkill for gaming. 4690k is much better value

8gb of ram is enough but 16gb is ideal.

I've only got a Silverstone 600w psu. I'm also doing video editing and rendering so i figured the i7 would be nice for that. Im not too worried about the cost increase between the 2 units so id prefer the I7.