Intel 4th Gen 'Haswell' CPUs available from 2nd June AEST

Everything's more expensive at NCIX. Cheaper prices with free shipping at Newegg.

You do know that you can price match things at NCIX?

The Intel guy on the Newegg video said the K models would ship with no stock cooler, and showed some skinny boxes that were on the table (like the ones you see LGA 2011 CPUs ship in).  From what I can tell though the K series ones all have thick boxes with coolers.  I wonder if there will be a no stock cooler version soon for like $15-20 cheaper?

My guess Glenwing will a be a big fat NO. Simply because Intel can make a few more bucks off you by including the cheapest stock cooler they can think up. But, does anyone know if an 1155 waterblock will work with the 1150 socket mounts?

I highly dislike the box 'art' not intel like at all :/. Prices are a bit high to my liking gut i'm sure they'll drop soon like always.

Interested in Business and Technology

not quite impressed with the prices, they were said to be equal or a bit lower than previous generation as stated by few sources.

They are only 10 € more then the previous generation, for example a 4770k costs 329 € and a 3770k costs 319€ over here (Belgium, http://www.alternate.be/Intel®/Intel®+Core_i7-4770K/html/product/1063382/?)

They are also available at "Caseking" in Germany, and even most of the announced Z87 Boards are there as well, only a few Asus boards aren't available yet!

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/

as of 7:41 AM you can buy Haswell processors for the microcenter discount of $200 for the 4670K + $40 off a compatible motherboard,and $280 for the 4770K + $40 off a compatible motherboard.

they also have the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H which is available exclusively at microcenter (according to their ad,and I could't find any available in the U.S)

I don't plan on buying since it'll probably be a 10-30% improvement in performance ,in most cases,from sandybridge.

also considering that it has the same IHS issue as ivybridge,and I would never risk deliding,it wouldn't be worth it. 

although if I were I think I'd hold off until the holidays since microcenter always has insane processor deals.

does anyone plan on buying haswell at microcenter?

heres a partial screenshot of the email ad.

hfDVw5A.png

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

$200 is a very reasonable price for the 4670K.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The 4770K is only $50 bucks more than the 3770K and the 4670K is only $30 more than the 3570K! Who's getting one?

Yeah, I just got stock of 4th gen CPUs ,Gigabyte and ASRock boards at my suppliers!

\

The 4770K is only $50 bucks more than the 3770K and the 4670K is only $30 more than the 3570K! Who's getting one?

3rd gen is more expensive than 4th here in South Africa :P

\

3rd gen is more expensive than 4th here in South Africa :P

Yeah, but who's got the cheaper CPUs? :P That is all that matters. :D

Yeah, but who's got the cheaper CPUs? :P That is all that matters. :D

Well I get from the suppliers who supply every store in the country, so I get them cheaper :P

\

The microcenter website does not show those prices for the motherboards, even considering the $40 price hike without a bundle. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

You do know that you can price match things at NCIX?

That's just more of a time consuming hassle, IMO. And then there's the waiting time on shipping since I'm not in Canada.

Well I get from the suppliers who supply every store in the country, so I get them cheaper :P

How much cheaper? Cheaper than 4770K for $279.99 USD +$40 off with motherboard bundle cheap?

How much cheaper? Cheaper than 4770K for $279.99 USD +$40 off with motherboard bundle cheap?

4770K is like $370 or so. 3770K is like $380. That's South Africa. But I am not looking at Direct supplier prices. Im looking at store prices ATM.

\

The microcenter website does not show those prices for the motherboards, even considering the $40 price hike without a bundle. 

not sure why,in the email it says 

Price after instant savings when purchased with a 4th Gen Intel Core i5-4670K or i7-4770K processor / $209.99 SOLD SEPARATELY / REG. $239.99; 614842

typically the above means:

REG = other stores price

sold separately = microcenter price

price listed = after instant savings and rebate

and I don't see any rebates.

according to microcenter in the AD their pricing should be 209.99 for the Asus Z87 pro.but that's not the case.

either way if you go over to microcenter they're typically pretty good at customer service so they'd probably give you the price listed in the AD. 

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

My guess Glenwing will a be a big fat NO. Simply because Intel can make a few more bucks off you by including the cheapest stock cooler they can think up. But, does anyone know if an 1155 waterblock will work with the 1150 socket mounts?

They will fit.

So is the 4670k the new 3570k?

I don't understand why they need so many different i5 chips

Consumer options.

So is the 4670k the new 3570k?

I don't understand why they need so many different i5 chips

They don't need them but it's a result of the binning process.  Some chips aren't as capable as others, but still have four functioning cores.  Plus, consumer options, as Bleedman said.  Some people need a low power chip but still want the quad cores, or are on a budget but don't want to go down to a dual core i3.  Some aren't interested in overclocking or are building it for a non-techie friend.

Everything's more expensive at NCIX. Cheaper prices with free shipping at Newegg.

NCIX has price matching and gives you a free copy of Grid 2 and a T-shirt with your CPU.

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2