Corsair H100i odd behaviour.

Go to solution Solved by JonHewett95,

Might be a software or firmware bug, have you contacted Corsair support (or used their forum)? (they may not be aware of the issue)

That is a good point, I will do that. 

UPDATE:

Now I seem to have fixed it by leaving the colours at R1 G255 B1, so if anyone else is having the same problem (if they are using pure red, pure green or pure blue) then there's your fix.

The LED's in my H100i have been undergoing some very strange behaviour recently, (maybe because of win 8.1) I would change the LED to a deep green which was R0 G255 B0, however when ever I rebooted the system it would boot in to a very light, almost milky colour, looking back in to the corsair link software it still showed the same numbers, a temporary fix was to slide up the red and blu LED's and then slide them back down which would reset the LED's at the deep green.

Now I seem to have fixed it by leaving the colours at R1 G255 B1, so if anyone else is having the same problem (if they are using pure red, pure green or pure blue) then there's your fix.

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder 

Might be a software or firmware bug, have you contacted Corsair support (or used their forum)? (they may not be aware of the issue)

That is a good point, I will do that. 

UPDATE:

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder 

that has been a workaround for some time.

R range 1-254

B range 1-254

G range 1-254

but very glad you have found the fix and posted it in the LTT forums!

Glad you solved it!

I was having the same trouble and came across a post on the Corsair forums about the current version of Link. Looks like they plan on fixing it.

"1. LED saved settings not persistent after restart if two of the colors are set to 0 (255, 0,0) New firmware revision to address issues will be available in a 2.8 release."

Here's the link to the original post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=131401