Computer freeze

Nico1533

Ok, well I just froze when browsing internet and I tried what you asked, I spammed caps lock and the light wasnt changing, so my keyboard wasnt responding when my computer froze

That means that the PC completely locks up, not just an unresponsive software. Sadly, when that happens, it could be a lot of things, which we went through most of them.

Thou shall not abuse thy monkey, thou shall not misuse thy monkey.

That means that the PC completely locks up, not just an unresponsive software. Sadly, when that happens, it could be a lot of things, which we went through most of them.

So the problem really is my motherboard?

Try to disable Link Power Management with this instruction: http://blogs.visigo.com/chriscoulson/ssd-freezing-fix/

and thank you, but I was using my SSD in my last build and its was working just fine without any freezes or such problems, but I did update my SSD and the problem still persist

So the problem really is my motherboard?

and thank you, but I was using my SSD in my last build and its was working just fine without any freezes or such problems, but I did update my SSD and the problem still persist

It's a probability, but it still could be a software issue (not a lagging program which you can terminate from the Task Maanger), specifically drivers issue, or corrupted Windows. Did you perform a system files scan before? And are you using Windows 7? If so, did you try Windows 8?

It's a probability, but it still could be a software issue (not a lagging program which you can terminate from the Task Maanger), specifically drivers issue, or corrupted Windows. Did you perform a system files scan before? And are you using Windows 7? If so, did you try Windows 8?

I am using windows 7 and no I have not, never tried windows 8

I have done the scan and its says "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations."

I am using windows 7 and no I have not, never tried windows 8

I'd try it if I were you, if changing the motherboard would be that much of a hassle, but I'm not sure if the trial still works.

I'd try it if I were you, if changing the motherboard would be that much of a hassle, but I'm not sure if the trial still works.

one way or another, I was thinking to change my OS anyways, when I buy my board I will buy windows 8

update for you guys if you're still interested, I have bought my new motherboard and windows 8.1 and so far I made 1 day intense gaming almost no stop (yep I am a gamer what do you want :P) and no freezes

I know im extremely late on this but i read through the whole thread to see if i could help, but it appears you have fixed it! :)    sounds all good to me now, so, now you can stop worrying and carrying on playing intense games! Have fun :D

Intel Core I7 4770K @ 3.5Ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC to 2163mhz | Asus Z87 Pro LGA 1150 MotherBoard | 16 (2x8) Crucial Ballistix 1600 Mhz RAM | 256gb ADATA Xpg SX900 SSD | WD Black 1TB | NZXT 750 Watt PSU | Phantom 530 White Case | 2x Benq Rl2455HM | K70RGB (First gen) Cherry MX Red

update for you guys if you're still interested, I have bought my new motherboard and windows 8.1 and so far I made 1 day intense gaming almost no stop (yep I am a gamer what do you want :P) and no freezes

Great! Have fun, and take it easy on the new parts. xD

Ok, my pc froze while installing the drivers for my sb x-fi surround 5.1 pro soundcard ... I removed all drivers and removed it from my computer.. we'll see...

Probably an unrelated incident... hopefully. Try installing it again, might have been just a one time thing.

Probably an unrelated incident... hopefully. Try installing it again, might have been just a one time thing.

well not really sure tbh.. I checked on google and there is plenty of people saying that they got bsod and freezes with that sound card, but the thing is I never had any issues..

well not really sure tbh.. I checked on google and there is plenty of people saying that they got bsod and freezes with that sound card, but the thing is I never had any issues..

Could be a compatibility issue. Did you download the latest drivers?

Could be a compatibility issue. Did you download the latest drivers?

Yes, its says "support for windows 8.1 64 bit and 32 bit" in the description, at the very last time the program stopped installing the driver, pc froze

Yes, its says "support for windows 8.1 64 bit and 32 bit" in the description, at the very last time the program stopped installing the driver, pc froze

Did you try to install it again?

No

I'd try to install it again, unless you're not planning on using it again.

I'd try to install it again, unless you're not planning on using it again.

well, when the pc froze, I kinda got frustated and I unpluged everything related to that soundcard.. I could plug it back and try again..

well, when the pc froze, I kinda got frustated and I unpluged everything related to that soundcard.. I could plug it back and try again..

You have ruled out just about everything. It's rare for Memtest to not show errors but it can happen. I'd suggest running Prime95 utilizing 99% of your memory and see if it freezes. If it doesn't freeze then it has got to be your motherboard.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Computer froze this morning even though the new board, right now I am trying new sata cables.

You have ruled out just about everything. It's rare for Memtest to not show errors but it can happen. I'd suggest running Prime95 utilizing 99% of your memory and see if it freezes. If not doesn't freeze then it has got to be your motherboard.

I changed my motherboard yesterday, its a new one, I also changed my ram, only thing that is not new is my CPU, I checked the pins today and they are fine and I also did a prime95 with that cpu for 3 hours, no errors.