Computer freeze

Nico1533

The same thing was happening to me on windows 8 i made a new account and it fix the issue for me

I think I found the issue, I HAVE to find what's causing it though, I just noticed, 5,900 errors for the past 24hours isnt normal and one thing I have noticed, is when i'm about to crash, I got over 500-1000 error in my event viewer and then after 20-30 min I crash, why? because this is my friend event viewer log, I think its make sense

lShUQq1.png

and this is mine

9HByKgl.png

Another update: Also I will report this, because why not? everytime i'm watching something fullscreen, either VLC, WMP, youtube, crunchyroll ANY video player after 5-6 min my windows taskbar just pop in and flash like if I have a notification or something, but there is nothing making it impossible for me to watch my video or movie :/

Yeah. That's a lot of errors. Check if they are all/most of the same error, and post one here. That doesn't eliminate hardware issues though. You formatted a few times and the problem persisted.

Thou shall not abuse thy monkey, thou shall not misuse thy monkey.

Yeah. That's a lot of errors. Check if they are all/most of the same error, and post one here. That doesn't eliminate hardware issues though. You formatted a few times and the problem persisted.

I know, I checked and its plenty of stuff, not sure what though..

Hey Orth, I think its might be my GPU, I checked the Errors and I have 5911 "Application Errors" soo I went there to check and I found that.

Faulting application name: nvstreamsvc.exe, version: 3.1.100.0, time stamp: 0x53e5680cFaulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521eaf24Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0000000000052f86Faulting process id: 0xc38Faulting application start time: 0x01cfcf3e9131f449Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv\nvstreamsvc.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dllReport Id: cf64feda-3b31-11e4-9b32-bc5ff4799a27

All of the logs have different Faulting process id, Faulting application start time and Report Id though

Did you disable nvstreamsvc?

I don't know how is on nvidia side but when you install the driver , if you choose advanced/custom install it should let you choose what to install . Go check if I'm right , If yes uninstall old driver and install new one without nvidia stream .

So you did or not  , it says right there what is the problem .. 

Faulting application name: nvstreamsvc.exe

> I have approximate knowledge of many things <

No I didn't, but my eyes are starting to roll over my ram.. they're kinda old 2-3 years and its a no name brand, they were in my old prebuilt pc from gateway that I bought back in end 2011 begining of 2012 I think

re-installing my video card drivers didn't do anything, nvstreamsvc.exe is stll running, but like I said I think its my memory

re-installing my video card drivers didn't do anything, nvstreamsvc.exe is stll running, but like I said I think its my memory

I'm telling you to uninstall the old driver and install the new one WITHOUT nvidia steam service , since it's still running you didn't .

You might do the following : 

1. Look in the event viewer and take a pic of error section .

2. Do a memtest 

I'm telling you to uninstall the old driver and install the new one WITHOUT nvidia steam service , since it's still running you didn't .

You might do the following : 

1. Look in the event viewer and take a pic of error section .

2. Do a memtest 

I already did uninstall my old driver and the new one yesterday, i'll do a memtest asap

I just did 1 test of memtest and passed 1 and 0 errors, should I run it when I go sleep instead? or just 1 test is fine

Okei , let me be more clear , what I'm trying to say is that nvstream is the most likely cause . You said you installed a new driver but you didn't said you get rid of nvstream.

Try disabling it from services like @Orthodoctus said .

As for memtest try runing it at least for 1 pass . (not 1 test , there are multiple tests in one pass )

Okei , let me be more clear , what I'm trying to say is that nvstream is the most likely cause . You said you installed a new driver but you didn't said you get rid of nvstream.

Try disabling it from services like @Orthodoctus said .

As for memtest try runing it at least for 1 pass . (not 1 test , there are multiple tests in one pass )

Its not letting me disabling it

Its not letting me disabling it

Stop it first, then disable it.

340.52 has a mermory leak whereit locks up ur whole pc???

omg I just saw your thread I think you just saved my life, everyone is having the same issue as me!

update, did a memtest of 10 hours, 8 passes and 0 errors, so far the system has been freezing on a different gpu, different driver, I have tested my CPU with prime95 four abou 3hours, no errors, running out of ideas here

I remember you had trouble disabling nvstreamsvc. Were you able to or does it still run on your system? If you disabled it and still have issues, then here's what I would do:

1) Install the GPU in a different PCI-E slot, in case that one is damaged.

2) Uninstall the drivers using this program, and re-install the drivers without the extra services (ex. nvstreamsvc), and if that didn't work, I would uninstall again, and install older drivers that might work better.

3) Install the RAM in different slots, and if still no good, I would use each RAM stick separately.

4) Try different RAM and power supply (I know that Memtest didn't show any errors, but some people ran the test and it came out fine, yet their system still had issues until they replaced the RAM, and since it's old it might be running at low frequency).

5) Try a different motherboard.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

I remember you had trouble disabling nvstreamsvc. Were you able to or does it still run on your system? If you disabled it and still have issues, then here's what I would do:

1) Install the GPU in a different PCI-E slot, in case that one is damaged.

2) Uninstall the drivers using this program, and re-install the drivers without the extra services (ex. nvstreamsvc), and if that didn't work, I would uninstall again, and install older drivers that might work better.

3) Install the RAM in different slots, and if still no good, I would use each RAM stick separately.

4) Try different RAM and power supply (I know that Memtest didn't show any errors, but some people ran the test and it came out fine, yet their system still had issues until they replaced the RAM, and since it's old it might be running at low frequency).

5) Try a different motherboard.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Hello, yesterday I bought new rams, even though the test went find doesnt hurt to buy fresh one and also changed my power supply, will let you know if the crashses persist, so far no crash

Hello, yesterday I bought new rams, even though the test went find doesnt hurt to buy fresh one and also changed my power supply, will let you know if the crashses persist, so far no crash

alright hope it works out

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi