LED strips inside the case

joker0x1

Was wondering if you could recommend a decent manufacturer of LED strips to light the case from inside. And I also wonder what powering options are there available for such LEDs, e.g. 3/4pin mobo connectors, PCI slots etc., which of these is best in terms of reliability and power consumption? 

Bitfenix Alchemy LED strips powered by molex.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I love my NZXT LED's, they're wrapped in a black braid, so no ugly circuit.... However i'm on my second set, perhaps my first were just faulty? But either way they do a good job at illuminating my case!

acc60fbad5.jpg

Colour balance looks a little purple in the picture, but there not remotely purple!

Guys you shouldn't buy branded led strips, they cost too much...
On ebay generic led strips cost 1$ per meter if you buy 5 meters, if you more they cost even less, they're so cheap! Then you just need to make a connector for it, I usually take old 80mm fans with molex connector, toss the fan and just keep the cable where I attach the led strip. Also you could use Molex splitters for this purpose, they will work the same. Also you could buy paracord to do a cool sleeving job, and it will look just professional and neat as the branded ones, and you made it yourself, so it's even better!

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

On ebay generic led strips cost 1$ per meter if you buy 5 meters, if you more they cost even less, they're so cheap! Then you just need to make a connector for it, I usually take old 80mm fans with molex connector, toss the fan and just keep the cable where I attach the led strip. Also you could use Molex splitters for this purpose, they will work the same. Also you could buy paracord to do a cool sleeving job, and it will look just professional and neat as the branded ones, and you made it yourself, so it's even better!

That's right, it haven't got any difficult to buy one of those led strips, and just plug one of the sides to molex 12 and the other to the ground cable. You could even add a switch, and turn it on and off as you wish

Learning from Spain, don't be rude if I can't understand everything you write down to me O_o'

i actually fried a bunch of leds doing this. and they weren't shorted out either... :huh:

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

i actually fried a bunch of leds doing this. and they weren't shorted out either... :huh:

Idk, I installed more than 10 meters of led strips and never fried a single led...

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

Idk, I installed more than 10 meters of led strips and never fried a single led...

Yeah i was thinking about it, and i realized that the leds were meant to be run off 4.5 volts instead of 12 volts. :blink:

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Yeah i was thinking about it, and i realized that the leds were meant to be run off 4.5 volts instead of 12 volts. :blink:

That's not a reason to fry a led. Probably that would have happened that planets weren't aligned yet....

Learning from Spain, don't be rude if I can't understand everything you write down to me O_o'

That's not a reason to fry a led. Probably that would have happened that planets weren't aligned yet....

Putting 12V through an LED meant for 4.5V would fry it...

Putting 12V through an LED meant for 4.5V would fry it...

Man, you need a little humor haha