GTX Titan Black or GTX 780TI

Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,

When it comes to performance, they're pretty much the same.

The Titan Black is superior to the 780Ti, if you are running games at very high resolutions with high textures and anti-aliasing.

I want to get a new gpu and I have enough for the Titan Black. Is it more beneficial to get the the Titan Black over the 780Ti ? I want to use the card for adobe type programs (eg. Photoshop, Premiere and Media Encoder rendering) and gaming. 

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Titan black IMO i could be wrong though, but im pretty sure the titan is made for gaming and editing 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Do you need double precision? Use a lot more CUDA? if not a 780ti will be better.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

When it comes to performance, they're pretty much the same.

The Titan Black is superior to the 780Ti, if you are running games at very high resolutions with high textures and anti-aliasing.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Titan black wins on very high resolution (Due to the 6GB of VRAM instead of 3. DAMMIT NVIDIA GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND PUT 4GB ON YOUR 980). For regular gaming at 1440p a 780 Ti takes the cake unless you need double precision.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Well according to this (http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-TITAN-BLACK-vs-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti) there is not much difference. I would go with the titan black because you have 6gb over a 3gb 780ti. Titan would be better for rendering and possibly a 4k display.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

I do need the double precision for algorithms.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

then Titan black is a much better option. 780ti's lack double precision while titans do not.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Then get the Titan black, as it has far superior performance in that regard and the 780ti is crippled.

Titan black wins on very high resolution (Due to the 6GB of VRAM instead of 3. DAMMIT NVIDIA GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND PUT 4GB ON YOUR 980). For regular gaming at 1440p a 780 Ti takes the cake unless you need double precision.

I'm pretty sure 4GB on the 980 will be the case. I'm also sure it'll cost just as much as the 780 ti. :/

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I'm pretty sure 4GB on the 980 will be the case. I'm also sure it'll cost just as much as the 780 ti. 

With a 256-bit interface *facepalm*.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

With a 256-bit interface *facepalm*.

Someone explained the whole VRAM to bus-width thing once. It shouldn't be a problem. If I find the thread I'll post it.

Edit: there are two sides to it, it seems. A good read tho.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44197-memory-bus-size-and-how-it-effects-your-vram-usage/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198568-the-video-ram-information-guide/

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.