1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

I've been eyeing that SP3 forever, I know I could certainly make use of an upgrade like that! 

Other than that, I figured I'd take the time to say that Linus Media Group videos on YouTube have helped me a lot when it comes to learning about computers.  That's not to say I used to be an absolute noob (do people still say that?....hmmmmm) when it came to computers, I'm actually an aspiring computer programmer myself.  Still, I found that this companies videos have been not only helpful in becoming more than a software nerd by improving my hardware know-how but also keeping me entertained while I watched; the human element in your videos is so much easier to relate to than most of the dry computer tech stuff out there.  It hits that sweet spot I want from videos such as these. 

Finally, I just want to say I love graphene.  Oh graphene, one day.... oneday you'll make tablet-PCs epic, one day.... (theoretically, I'm no expert, but I just love the progress it's making, that's just my extra personal bit)

I don't remember how I found LTT. I'm glad I did because I've joined a great community. I've also learned a lot. And I mean a lot.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Thanks Linus for making a truly informative and entertaining channel. I always look forward to your new stuff and reviews.

I actually found Linus Tech Tips through video suggestions on other tech videos, back when the videos Linus posted usually had a couple thousand views at the most, and it was still a single/two man operation. I'm impressed by how far Linus Tech Tips has gone in this short amount of time that they have been around, going from nobody's to a leader in computer related videos. Every video on Linus Tech Tips is an instant win in my books because they have such an organic feel to them that I don't feel with any other videos. Even with the stride to have a more professional take on every video, they still feel homemade in the sense that they are genuine with the viewer, and they tell the truth outright and directly. Honestly, Linus Tech Tips can post a review on any product, and I would still watch it because it's so damn hard not to watch a video coming from his channel; the videos are so well made, informative, and most of all honest, that it just makes sense to watch his videos if you need to know something about anything. I know I'm not an active member on the forums, and I refrain from commenting on YouTube, but I still can't help feeling awesome about the community cultivated around tech and related subjects formed by Linus. Linus Tech Tips, in my opinion, helped make the tech scene that much more diverse, mature, and enjoyable. Oh, and my favorite food is sushi. :D

Hello my name is Tyler and about 4 years ago a friend of mine got me really into building pc's and things like that. I had no money whatsoever, so I saved every dime, penny, nickel and dollar and bought the parts to my gaming pc. My friend showed me your channel on youtube and I learned a lot about the quality of pc parts. My favorite video that you make is the pc build videos. It is really interesting all the builds you have done and I really liked the gtx titan small form factor video. A video that I would like you to show in the future is what the power of a gtx titan can do.

Linus,

You and your team make exceptional videos full of very usefull information and humor. Since I discovered your chanel it has been one of only a few that I watch avidly and look forward to seeing your company grow and more intellegent videos come.

Thank all of you for all of your hard work!!!

Found you through a video for mod smart UV cables like 3-4 years ago and have been watching ever since.

Congratulations! :)

Congrats LMG! It was you who taught me how to build a computer :D

Congratulations on 1 million subscribers. I'd love to see a video about your filming set up (all your gear etc.).

I once got an e-mail from Linus with just the smiley ":)" in it, totally made me chuckle. Good guys, good channel happy to see you guys doing so well!

I've been watching and subbed since your glorious park episodes! I like the comedic edge Linus Media Group brings to videos and it was great to grow with the channel. Also my favorite food is a nicely toasted and glazed Voodoo2.

I built my first PC from watching your guides and been following ever since! Love your channel

I got obsessed with the videos because time after time I would look for a new pc case and stumble on Linus Unboxings three or four years ago and eventually watched nearly every video and have probably seen 90 percent of them since.. Love it.

Hey Linus and team members!

My name is Evan and I'm a sophomore at UW-Madison Wi. I am studying nursing............ or I was until I realized how much fun you all have at work!! I have decided to switch majors to Computer Science. Watching your videos and how much you enjoy what you do really made me want to change my future goals. I have spent countless hours back tracking over the many many videos you have produced and I can't get enough!!! I need hands on! I have not decided on scripting, coding or on the physical aspect of computers (chipset, RAM, Motherboards, etc.). I like building, as a kid I had the largest collection of Legos. When Lego Technics came out, I was the happiest kid on the block. This probably has to do with my dad being an architect. I think I want to become a Computer Engineer and learn all about Motherboards, CPUs and GPUs. I want to build and design the products you have featured and reviewed on your show!! It's really great what you do for your viewers and how you tend to our wants or needs and respond accordingly! 

Anyways, even if I don't win, I hope you see what you do as not only entertaining to some, but life changing for others!

Also, congrats!!! One million subscribers is outstanding!

PS, need an intern?!?!

I'd love to help out anyway I can :D

Thanks for everything and I'm looking forward to the future,

Evan 

I first found your channel when I decided to build my first PC a few years ago. I have learned a lot of things about computers from you, Linus. 

Congrats on passing 1000000 subs and I hope you a billions more I have only been subed for a couple months but I have loved every minute of it and its people like you guys that got me into PCs even though mine is bad enough where I have to watch you guys below 720p so i dont have screen ripping so I just watch you on my phone but hopefully for my birthday I could build a very low budget PC so I could watch you guys and hopefully one day I will have a community like yours on my channel which won't happen but a person can dream right?

If any one could check my channel out then I would be more motivated to put out vids so far I have two and 7 views between the two. Any thing would be awesome to win no matter what it is thanks.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all for giving us the opportunity to do a job that we love - a job that is truly one of the best in the world.

http://youtu.be/VBBCA6zKZx4

As thanks, please accept this small token of appreciation - a pretty awesome giveaway for our awesome Linus Tech Tips community members :D

PRIZES

Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Custom PC Built by Linus, with a case that is "signed and designed" by the Linus Media Group crew

ASUS G550J - One of the laptops used on the HighLANder excursion, signed by Linus Media Group, Tek Syndicate, Austin Evans, and Newegg TV

GIVEAWAY RULES

Post ONCE in this thread to enter. Include whatever you want in the post - how you found Linus Tech Tips, your favourite series or style of video on Linus Tech Tips, what product you would like to see us review in the future, heck, we'll even take a post about your favourite food. Creativity is always welcome :)

This contest will run from 9/10/2014 until 9/19/2014 at 4:30pm PDT. Winners will be drawn live on The WAN Show using a random number generator.

The Surface Pro and the custom system will be given to the first two posts that are selected in the draw, the G550J will go to a random member that we feel embodies the attitude of the linustechtips.com community (who has posted in this thread ^_^).

Winners will be contacted through the forum and will have 3 days to reply to claim the prize before we re-draw!

Good luck, and again, thank you all for supporting us thus far :D

Love the videos, keep up the good work, congrats on a million!

I don't really remember how i came across LTT but I do remember seeing this white guy with different tones of blonde hair doing pc hardware videos and thought they were really entertaining and helpfu and to be honest I didn't really subscribe until recently but I was already watching most of the videos anyway.

For some reason whatever video you upload is always entertaining and interesting, not to say Luke is dull but definitely you have THAT something which caused your success in youtube.

Anyways, I'm just here for the free stuff  :)

Cheers from Mexico