1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

Tanks linus for making the vids very helpful I likes the unboxing and reviews I foun linustechtips by watching tech vids and I saw a video for a laptop. I watch it and it was help full so I kept watching video then subscribed to u. I would like to see u review any of razors new headphones please and Thank you. I like pasta, keep up the great kids guys ur AWSOME someday I want to do the same

Knew from the first video I watched on LTT way back in 2009 that your YouTube channel would be a huge success. Keep up the good work.

I came across linustechtips when i decided to start planning to build my own gaming rig. I needed some info on the parts and peripherals i wanted, and linus had everything i was looking for (except a review of the cosmos SE. Still waiting) i havent built the rig yet because im saving up for it but i have learned alot of things by watching your channel. Goodluck on this million and the next :)

First, Congratulation LMG!

I guess you're the First PC Tech Channel on Youtube to get 1Million Subscribers. In the Future i hope you could make more PC related Content on your Channel, like Building a NAS, Home Networking, Media Playback (madVR, SVP. etc), and other thing related to PC not just about gaming (periperhal, GPU, CPU, etc), so the World know that PC isn't just about gaming, or tool for searching cute cat videos. Well in one sentence "PC Master Race"

oh, one more thing don't ever stop to do an unboxing video!. Good Luck Guys!

So awesome that you hit 1m! Been subbed for a long while now! Thanks for providing hours of entertainment and knowledge to someone like me who was a bit of a noob when I first started watching your vids, now I build pc's for friends! Thanks again

-Chubsandsubs

I've been watching Linus' videos since the Slim Shady days. I remember the first time I stumpled upon a video by Linus was through some Finnish forum post saying "this guy's voice is annoying but you'll get the information you need from this video (can't remember what product it was about). I then started to watch some other videos and later subscribed. I think this was one of the first channels I subscribed to, I didn't think there was point to do that but then I realised I'm missing a lot of content. 

I remember when Linus announced that he's going "solo" and I thought "Well that's a bummer, I liked his videos, there's no way anyone can support himself by making unboxing videos on Youtube". Never been so happy to be wrong. :)

If I happen to find a product that I want to know more about, my initial thought is always "I hope Linus has a video on this." Although recently it's been "Oh yeah, I think I saw Linus showing this in one of his videos." I can always trust that I will get all the information I need in one video.

I'm usually pretty lazy to contribute on forums, especially in English (I think this is my 5. post in this forum even though I've been lurking since the beginning) but if I think I have something relevant to say, I atleast start to write a post and then delete everything and never send the message. ;)

EDIT: Wow, 21 posts, where did those come from. :o

EDIT2: Oh yeah and Congratulations to LGM!

The past cannot be altered. The present holds but regret and loss. It is only in the days to come that a man may find solace. When memory fades..
Gigabyte B450i Pro WiFi | AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | SilentiumPC Fera 3 HE1224 w/ Corsair ML120 | 2x8GB DDR4 3400MHz CL16 | MSI RTX2070 Armor | Plextor M8PeG 256GB NVME | Crucial MX100 512GB | Corsair SF600 Platinum | Fractal Design Define Nano S | Dell U2518D | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL with Cherry MX Brown | Logitech G703

Congratulations for 1 million subscribers and actually i still new to linus tech tips it started about two month ago but i liked it so good luck guys and keeb going ^_^

Well, I first saw a Q&A session of LinusTechTips along with Austin Evans and have followed since then. I love the handy tech series pretty amazing and the graphics card reviews are pretty good as well..Good Job (y)

Love watching your shows and new unboxing/ reviews!

Personality that made me so into the videos! Thanks for the great videos!

Hey LinusMediaGroup,

thanks for making all the great content videos. Really, thank you.

I found you guys about a year ago, I think when I was searching for a case review.Your style of narration in the videos is really entertaining, as you provide lots of useful information in a short amount of time, and sometimes even GOOD puns (just teasing you guys :) ). I know a fair bit about PCs myself, so not everything you tell me is necerssarily new to me, but what I really like about your community is reading the comments under your videos, and helping out other people. For example if someone has built a rig and wants an opinion on it, I try to help them with their purchase. But it's the same for other technical questions, if I know the answer to them of course.

Since I discovered your channel and community, I really do enjoy the world of a bit more, and am always looking forward to your daily videos, which are uploaded exactly when I wake up, what a coincidence. :)

Anyway, thanks for being awesome,

Nick

Good job Linus (and the rest of the team)! Congrats on your 1 million. You guys have been amazing. I really have to thank you for all your work. It was maybe a year ago when I started watching your videos. Since then, I've been greatly entertained by all the cool stuff. Your build guide helped when I built my firsT PC, and I based my original design for a build off pc your parts for the 1500 gaming PC, changing a few features (didn't get that touch screen monitor, and changed the case). You've honestly been a huge inspiration to many of us. So from tech tips community to Linus and his crew, thank you.

Please continue making great content! I really enjoy watching unboxings and reviews and I am thankful for Linus providing! Thank you!

Linus tech tips is by far my favourite channel for tech reviews. whether it is the new DDR4 ram or unboxing or even coverage of the new tech coming in the future like at PAX. I'm certain that geeks and nerds that are fans of the latest technology with come stop by Linus's channel!

I would love to win any of these. Iv always wanted a gaming computer my family doesn`t have much money and i cant get a job. we recently moved and its hard on us because we hardly have money. we live in a 3 bedroom apartment and there is 7 of us. It is very cramped but we make it work. i would love to win any of these.

ONCE!

What to include. I can tell you the story of me and the cars I've owned. It's a sad story, really, it is.

I didn't get my drivers license until 2010, two days before my 32nd birthday. I then had a Citroën XM waiting for me. I bought it from the sister of a close friend. It had some leaks (not the usual Citroën problems, just normal oil leaks), and the engine was bad, so their father (my friend and his sister) who's a mechanic, told me he could swap it for me, so I bought the car (6 months before I got my license). When he was going to fix it, he got a pipe through his foot, so he was out sick for half a year, then after than he wasn't in very good shape and retired, not able to swap the engine after all, but he did come and fix the oil leaks for me, and as it happened, the engine was actually find after all.

So I used that car for a couple of months, then the clutch started slipping, and the water pump went bad, so it leaked a lot of coolant, so I had to always have a few bottles of water on hand (it was summer, so no need for anti freeze). I bought a new water pump and clutch, didn't have the money to get them swapped, and the Citroën being so cramped in the engine bay I didn't dare do it myself. So I didn't get it swapped, but got another car very cheap, so I parked the Citroën hoping I'd get it fixed later as it was perfect inside, no wear marks, and outside it wasn't half bad either, and mechanically, except the clutch and water pump, it was excellent, and if you've driven a Citroën, you know it's an extremely comfortable ride. Here's my Citroën XM 2.1TD Break being picked up, ready to be crushed :(

cwUfbms.jpg

The other car was a Nissan Laurel with a 2.8L diesel engine. It looked strange I thought, but I liked the sound. It wasn't fast either, but at least it sounded great due to a small leak in the exhaust, kinda like a big American engine, only with even less power. The sound:

I used that for a long time (half a year at least). During this time I realized something was stealing electricity from the battery when the car was off, so for longer time parking, I had to disconnect the battery. Then one of the two mounts for the driver side door broke due to rust, so it got really hard to close the door, so after a couple of months of that, I closed it, but due to the mount being off, the top of the door was farther out than it was supposed to, so at speed, there was air noise and wind inside. So I covered that with duct tape and then I had to start climbing in and out of the car via the passenger side door.

Now I had two cars that wasn't possible to use in a normal way. So I put the Citroën up for sale as I had really grown to love the Laurel and wanted to fix it up some day, but I was not allowed by my land lord to have more than two cars parked outside. No one wanted the car. I tried to sell it for the amount you get when you trash it, but still. A perfectly good car with the parts that needed to be changed in the price. It was very sad, and I decided I had to trash it.

But I still needed a car, so I my friend who's sister I had bought the Citroën from let me use his BMW 525 as he had bought a new car himself. This had a problem with the starter, and to get a starter that is broken to start, you either short it or knock it into action with something hard, so everytime I was going to start the car I had to open the hood, try to short/knock the starter into action. Then the lights started acting out, then the radiator started leaking, a lot. That car then got parked and I needed a car again.

I was without a car for a couple of months before I could afford a new one, and then I came across another Nissan Laurel, a facelifted version of the one I had parked outside. This one was almost in perfect condition in every way. It had been owned by mechanics its whole life, the guy who owned it didn't want to sell it to some kids that wanted to lower it etc., so I had to promise him I wouldn't do that. The car was in southern Norway, I live on top of Norway, so I flew down, saw the car, bought it and started the 2000 km drive home.

This was winter time, and here we drive through Sweden to get the shortest, straightest road to the north, so that's where I drove. Whenever I passed a big rig I slowed down due to the snow blowing behind it as it made you not able to see anything for a few seconds, I also positioned the car close to the edge of the road to be farther away from the rig. Then one time a rig was coming close a car came out of the snow blowing behind it, trying to pass the rig. This was very close to me, so I had to get myself even farther out on the edge of the road, and as it was snow everywhere, you couldn't see the actual edge of the asfalt, so my right wheels went off the road, I got caught in the snow and was pulled into the forrest through the, luckily, new snow.

I ended up between the trees, only touched one slightly on the front left of the car, breaking the indicator and fender. The snow was all new and soft, so I had plowed through it. Had it been warmed up only to freeze again, it would have been hard and my car would have been completely ruined. The car behind me which saw it all stopped. As luck would have it, he was a retired EMT and knew the number to all the local tow cars, so the tow car was there within 20 minutes, out there in the middle of now where in the Swedish forest landscape. When the car was pulled up, I saw the indicator and fender damage, and the channel below the right side doors was pushed in, so those doors became really hard to close. Opened the hood and saw the engine bay full of snow. We got that out and saw that except for the belts for power steering and air condition compressor, everything was fine. So no more dry air and power steering, but that wasn't a big problem. And I was soon on my way home. Here is a video of the car being pulled up from the snow:

Fixing the channel (not sure if it's called than in English) below the right side doors would cose around 20k NOK (3150 USD says Google), so I had no choice but to leave that damage there. I stiched the fender up with zip ties to make it stay better together and not hang down:

qpIibOa.jpg

Here it also has the rims I got with the other Laurel, only I painted them black. Here is the other with them in their original color:

4PwoLkU.jpg

So I used the car like this until the end of the next winter when I drove through a parking lot and a woman backed into me. Her trailer hook (Is it called that?) got stuck inside my rear right wheel arch and tore it out so much that there was an opening from the wheel arch into the trunk of the car. There was no argument of who's fault it was, hers, and the insurance companies didn't argue either about it, but the damage would have cost 35K NOK (5500 USD says Google) to fix, and they felt it was too much for such an old car which was bought for 21K NOK. I got a bit less than that back from her insurance company and was again looking for a car.

IZp5713.jpg

I still used the Laurel for a while until the snow was gone, then both it and the black one had to go as my land lord didn't want me having more than one car from now on, so I stripped them of parts that could come in handy later on as I want a Laurel again later, so here they are ready for pickup to be crushed into a flat piece of metal. It was a very sad day :(

nj2bwBb.jpg

Both of these were my precious, the Beauty and the Beast.

The car I got for the insurance money was a Volvo 740 with a turbo. When I got it home after a few hours drive home after I bought it, it worked for ONE day, then died. I got it to a cheap mechanic who used an age to fix it (fuel pump...), got it back home, it then poured oil out from underneath. I decided I had had enough and put it up for sale in case anyone wanted it (Volvo is kinda popular here). A guy picked it up, was going to take some parts, deliver it to get crushed and give put my name and account number on the form so I would get the money. He didn't, and I still haven't gotten my money, and I'm getting more and more upset about it.

z3POEcs.jpg

My sister then had a car she was getting rid of, a BMW 318i 1995, so I got that very cheap. It worked, had some minor cosmetic things and the AC didn't work (no belt for the compressor). But I don't really like BMW, I actually dislike them (except for the 6-series and up, the rest look weird, too high in the rear, except for the station wagons, they look ok). I couldn't gather the willpower to fix up a car I dislike and won't make any more when selling after I've fixed it than if I don't fix it. And I really needed money, so I sold that and I'm without a car.

BqKY4aF.jpg

Won't be buying a car again until I get one I really want, either a Peugeot 505 (a nice French car that is actually rear wheel drive, which I must have), or a Laurel like the black one (not face lift like the white).

The Peugeot 505:

295TrtN.jpg

So if you thought you had a bad car history, I bet mine is worse. If not, I feel very sorry for you :)

Also: Good luck to all on the giveaway :) Congratulations to Linus and the team for 1 million subscribers :) It's not luck, it's hard work. It's a great channel with awesome content, and I hope to keep watching it for years to come :)

PS: I see that the page number went from 3 to 200+ while I wrote this :P

I Have loved your videos, Just keep up! I will always watch! 

Congratulations for 1M subscribers, you totally deserved it! Keep up the good work! PS: you're awesome, the whole crew is! Greetings from Romania!

I'm really happy for you guys! :)

Please don't change anything! You guys are awesome the way you are!

At the end of the day, what we like about you is that you're a real person, and letting that show on camera for us all is just fantastic. You don't seem scripted like every other channel out there. You laugh, you make silly mistakes, but you're human. And this upload proves that you're also very humble. Congratulations on your success, and keep the content coming, I'll be here for the long haul. Also, congratulations on your marriage, not only is she beautiful, but she stuck by your side while you built a business from the ground up, which says a lot about someone.

Using Tapatalk

Wow! I've been subscribed to LinusTechTips for about two years now. You helped me with my first PC build, so thanks  :)

The best youtube channel ever! I just built my new PC and your videos helped me a lot! :D

I remember when I first met this channel and you guys were still part of NCIX, the park bench videos, that raffle clip in the video, but then for some reason, I just decided to stop watching for 3 years. Forward back to a few months ago, someone mentioned you guys in a video and since then I've been subbed and have been watching. Good luck with this channel, and keep producing awesome content!