im so screwed

ExcitezR

so at my college they changed the rules from last year (btw it ICT level 3 which is the highest the college goes up to) any way what they did this year compared to last year is remove all referrals which is where when you fail a part of work you can redo it and now you can't so if i fail 1 bit in work in 2 years i FAIL the whole course. In this course it contains programing, web design, server scripting and hardware and much more. do you think this is a stupid rule?    

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

That seems a wee bit excessive.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

That's incredibly stupid. What the hell are they thinking?

apparently the reason they are doing it is because people would do as little as possible and if they failed they would add a bit more but still at least give us one chance  

PC PART PICKER

apparently the reason they are doing it is because people would do as little as possible and if they failed they would add a bit more but still at least give us one chance  

This isn't the way to fix it though...

Did are doing a great job in motivating you guys. That is really unfair. Everyone screws up from time to time. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

This isn't the way to fix it though...

i no, everyone in the course will fail 

PC PART PICKER

i no, everyone in the course will fail 

Gonna be interesting to see how they'll react to that.

Gonna be interesting to see how they'll react to that.

yea it will get to the end of the 2 years with just one guy left 

PC PART PICKER

School is supposed to be for learning. You learn by making mistakes, and figuring out what you did wrong. Then correct it and move on.
By the sounds of it you're going to more of a testing facility than an educational establishment.

Definitely a stupid rule.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

yea it will get to the end of the 2 years with just one guy left 

I bet they'll revert the change once they notice they're losing money.

School is supposed to be for learning. You learn by making mistakes, and figuring out what you did wrong. Then correct it and move on.

By the sounds of it you're going to more of a testing facility than an educational establishment.

Definitely a stupid rule.

And that's how I discovered electricity, screw drivers being conductive, and listening to my parents.

Here if you fail at a course you get the chance of taking a test at that course,a quite hard one too.There are a few sessions each year when you can take that test.You can take it any year you want.If you pass that test,then your course failure won't count.

If by the end of your college(when you take the final exams or whatever it is you do) you have any failed course(failed your course and didn't pass the test),then you either repeat the year(and pay for it 100%),or just leave the college.

However,if you have a high number of failed courses,you will also repeat the year(or leave the college).

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Here if you fail at a course you get the chance of taking a test at that course,a quite hard one too.There are a few sessions each year when you can take that test.You can take it any year you want.If you pass that test,then your course failure won't count.

If by the end of your college(when you take the final exams or whatever it is you do) you have any failed course(failed your course and didn't pass the test),then you either repeat the year(and pay for it 100%),or just leave the college.

However,if you have a high number of failed courses,you will also repeat the year(or leave the college).

the course im doing there is no test it is all course work and a but tone of it 

PC PART PICKER

the course im doing there is no test it is all course work and a but tone of it 

Or that.

It depends.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I finished my Extended level 3 BTEC in I.T. this year and we had the same rules. It wasn't a big problem really. People still got referrals and where allowed to resubmit things 1 more time. Your college won't want it's records to look bad so i imagine they will give you another chance.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

I finished my Extended level 3 BTEC in I.T. this year and we had the same rules. It wasn't a big problem really. People still got referrals and where allowed to resubmit things 1 more time. Your college won't want it's records to look bad so i imagine they will give you another chance.

that is a point they said that if you fail a bit of work it will have to be sent off to some place to see if its worth giving a second chance but if not im F**KED  

PC PART PICKER

The College I just finished at had something similar.  It the question/assignment was a Pass criteria then you get two chances to resubmit it, if it was a Merit question then you get one resubmission and if it was a Distinction question then you can only submit the work once.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

that is a point they said that if you fail a bit of work it will have to be sent off to some place to see if its worth giving a second chance but if not im F**KED  

They never did that with us. out teacher for each class would mark the work and return it to you if it wasn't up to scratch. We submitted our work through a re-skinned Sharepoint LMS. The teacher marked it and left comments for us to download and apply to our work if necessary. 

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

The College I just finished at had something similar.  It the question/assignment was a Pass criteria then you get two chances to resubmit it, if it was a Merit question then you get one resubmission and if it was a Distinction question then you can only submit the work once.

They never did that with us. out teacher for each class would mark the work and return it to you if it wasn't up to scratch. We submitted our work through a re-skinned Sharepoint LMS. The teacher marked it and left comments for us to download and apply to our work if necessary. 

thats what it was like when i did level 2 if it was wrong we could redo it up to 3 times for each bit of work and now it one for all of the work   :(

PC PART PICKER