LEDs for PC case

UnknownDepths

Hi i'm looking to purchase some blue LED lights to put in my computer case(Phanteks Enthoo Pro) but I don't know where to look and I don't want to purchase some that shit out on me after a couple days or raise case heat.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

what kind of LED strips? RGB? controllable? colour?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

:)

bitfenix alchemy LED strips come in blue :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm so tempted to go to Home Depot and but an orange bulb and wire something together for my psu so it works in my case. :P

Hi i'm looking to purchase some blue LED lights to put in my computer case(Phanteks Enthoo Pro) but I don't know where to look and I don't want to purchase some that shit out on me after a couple days or raise case heat.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

I would just browse around on here and see the reviews for what's posted. As Enderman said, bitfenix alchemy strips come in blue and are highly rated too.

I use Bitfenix Alchemy Connect. Works great. I like it though I can't compare it to anything else.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

You can always replace the fans with LED fans like the SORsair AF 120 LEDs but if you don't want to do that, the best (but pricy) ones I know of are the Bitfenix Alchemy. 

If you want something cheaper and something you can control and also illuminate a larger area all around the window, this is a good bet

All premade LED strips are going to be made overseas, by the cheapest method possible, with no regard for warranty since they're so cheap and not worth the hassle for most consumers...so they will ALWAYS be a shot in the dark and hoping you got a well built one.

see if any of your friends can solder, then make your own with a bunch of leftover 12V molex fan adapters that you probably have lying around

otherwise just pick whatever. they're LED strips - nobody is going to hire an engineer to build or QC them

:)

?

Are they of good quality and bright(not too bright)?

?

Yes they are great quality, and are pretty bright. You will only need one or two to light up a full tower case.

Spoiler

This is a 60cm white Bitfenix Alchemy LED strip: (running along the top and around the right side--by drive cages). 

Note: There is a bright dot in the top right corner since it wasn't fully attached at that time and the diode wasn't hidden. 

C7qKVP0.jpg

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Yes they are great quality, and are pretty bright. You will only need one or two to light up a full tower case.

Where should I purchase them, their site or somewhere else?

This is a 60cm white Bitfenix Alchemy LED strip: (running along the top and around the right side--by drive cages).

Note: There is a bright dot in the top right corner since it wasn't fully attached at that time and the diode wasn't hidden.

Posted Image

They look pretty and that is a pretty sexy rig(blue is my favorite color). :P

Where should I purchase them, their site or somewhere else?

They look pretty and that is a pretty sexy rig(blue is my favorite color). :P

Newegg, FrozenCPU, or whatever retailer you prefer that has them. 

iceModz also has good (or so Ive heard) LED strips. 

Mine as well. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Newegg, FrozenCPU, or whatever retailer you prefer that has them.

iceModz also has good (or so Ive heard) LED strips.

Mine as well.

Ok thank you. One more question, hiow do you choose a motherboard with the right color?(blue or black since motherboard manufacturers don't provide a choice for colors.)

Ok thank you. One more question, hiow do you choose a motherboard with the right color?(blue or black since motherboard manufacturers don't provide a choice for colors.)

You have to just look for motherboards with that color scheme. PCPartpicker.com has an option for colors, although, I don't remember how helpful it was... 

What color scheme were you going for? Black/blue? If so, then id go with the MSI Z97s SLI plus (thats what I have). I'd also think more about what color LED you want before ordering. I feel like a blue LED would be overwhelming--hence why I went with a white LED. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

All premade LED strips are going to be made overseas, by the cheapest method possible, with no regard for warranty since they're so cheap and not worth the hassle for most consumers...so they will ALWAYS be a shot in the dark and hoping you got a well built one.

see if any of your friends can solder, then make your own with a bunch of leftover 12V molex fan adapters that you probably have lying around

otherwise just pick whatever. they're LED strips - nobody is going to hire an engineer to build or QC them

Right, almost half my rgb lights display the wrong color now

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."