Razer Blackwidow Chroma and Corsair K70 RGB

MuffinsOfGump

Hey everyone, I was looking on the interwebs today and I got looking in to the RGB Mechanical keyboards that are coming out soon. What do you guys think of keyboards like this? Do you think they're worth the money for lighting effects? Do you see yourself buying one in the future? Leave your opinions and such :)

I see myself buying a K70 RGB in the future, but I also see myself saying "fuck you" to the Chroma. It's a stupid keyboard. Cheaper switches, inferior build materials, and a higher price tag? No thanks buddy.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yes i actually see myself buying it this month because its my birthday. K70 ofc, fuck chroma! Since Razer Electra i regret buying Razer products

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Chroma can go eat glass. K70 all the way, but whether or not you need RGB is up to you

"Rawr XD"

I see myself buying a K70 RGB in the future, but I also see myself saying "fuck you" to the Chroma. It's a stupid keyboard. Cheaper switches, inferior build materials, and a higher price tag? No thanks buddy.

this ^^^, K70 RGB FTW

K70, Chroma doesnt even use Cherry switches, it uses some cheap china switches

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

K70 RGB all the way, Razer needs to get their act together in the QC department. I've had like 6 DOA peripherals from them, I don't want to spend >$150 on a keyboard to have an LED die or a switch fail.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

I fucking hate my Blackwidow 2013. And it has non-ripoff switches. 

Don't worry, it will break soon.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

K70 RGB all the way, Razer needs to get their act together in the QC department. I've had like 6 DOA peripherals from them, I don't want to spend >$150 on a keyboard to have an LED die or a switch fail.

There's actually a flood of dead LED posts appearing on the Corsair forums lately.

My K70 cable is borked after wrapping it around the keyboard very loosely for storage

cable is thick as hell but that didn't stop the wires inside getting broken. 

There's also a key repeating problem also.

So Corsairs ain't all perfect.

I plan on getting the RGB K70 with brown switches when it comes out.  The prospect of not having to switch keyboards to match potential future colour schemes is nice.  

I have no experience with Razer products, but it seems that others have had negative experiences.  

I also personally just prefer the look of Corsair products over that of Razer's.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

There's actually a flood of dead LED posts appearing on the Corsair forums lately.

My K70 cable is borked after wrapping it around the keyboard very loosely for storage

cable is thick as hell but that didn't stop the wires inside getting broken. 

There's also a key repeating problem also.

So Corsairs ain't all perfect.

Oh man, that's disappointing:( The last keyboard I had before my blackwidow was some weird emachines keyboard, that thing lasted me 7 years before I replaced it. I guess keyboards are kind of hit-or-miss, I'm hoping I get lucky with the K70 RGB!

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Don't worry, it will break soon.

It has. Almost daily.

But it never just wont work!!!

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I have a black widow with cherry blues and is's OK. Not a fan of the glossy black finish though. I will be getting a K70 RGB with brown switches when they are available in Australia.

Oh man, that's disappointing:( The last keyboard I had before my blackwidow was some weird emachines keyboard, that thing lasted me 7 years before I replaced it. I guess keyboards are kind of hit-or-miss, I'm hoping I get lucky with the K70 RGB!

There is a pattern with the K70's though, the LED problem appears 2-3 months in.

So there's something seriously wrong with the parts or the place that's manufacturing them is doing some sloppy work.

My keyboard is now unsellable because of the cable issue.

It has. Almost daily.

But it never just wont work!!!

Mine broke. The keys got sticky and unclicky after like 2 months somehow.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Even if Corsair boards arent perfect, they are much better than than any Razer keyboard.

Basically the list goes

Corsair.

Open source software

No synapse

Digital signage processor

Unique design

Cherry MX switches

Dedicated media keys

(supposed) More durable LED's

No synapse

Multiple switch options.

A lot more time and research. (if Razer wanted to gain the edge on the RGB market, they would have announced and released it sooner than Corsair)

Razer

Normal mounted LED's

All processes will probably be controlled through synapse, which will make synapse REALLY heavy and have alot of CPU utilization

Synapse

Kahil Switches

Razer switches are terrible for typing

It wont be green I guess...

I'm a Razer fan boy, but, I'd say, go for Corsair K70 RGB. Kalih switches is a big NO NO. Unless you need dedicated macro for your gaming, which I need, so I guess I'll wait for K95 with CMX blue/brown, or G710+ RGB, or maybe just buy the K70 if I can't wait, although somehow it is more expensive than CHoroma here.

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Even if Corsair boards arent perfect, they are much better than than any Razer keyboard.

Basically the list goes

Corsair.

Open source software

No synapse

Digital signage processor

Unique design

Cherry MX switches

Dedicated media keys

(supposed) More durable LED's

No synapse

Multiple switch options.

A lot more time and research. (if Razer wanted to gain the edge on the RGB market, they would have announced and released it sooner than Corsair)

Razer

Normal mounted LED's

All processes will probably be controlled through synapse, which will make synapse REALLY heavy and have alot of CPU utilization

Synapse

Kahil Switches

Razer switches are terrible for typing

It wont be green I guess...

Didnt Razer create their own switches made from china to save money but charge more?

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Corsair FTW, great support and build quality!

I'm loving my K70!

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Didnt Razer create their own switches made from china to save money but charge more?

Kind of. I can definitely say that after trying the "Razer Green" switches the other day, compared to the MX Blues they feel similar, but maybe a little lighter. I dunno how to describe it, but the keys felt a bit shorter and easier to press while maintaining everything I love about MX Blues.

So, I'm going for a Blackwidow Chroma, with a matching Deathadder, because I actually liked the feel of the switches, and haven't had crazy issues with Razer thus far.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

They are just rebranded Kahil switches.

They are just rebranded Kahil switches.

ah thx for the clarification. but nothing can still beat the workmanship of German made switches

Current