Sound card for gaming

yodelingduck

Yes, because gaming audio is so much more "intense".

Seriously, do you even know what the fuck are you're talking about?

Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about? No were the fuck did you get the idea I said gaming audio is more intense? No you pulled it outa your fucking ass because you wanted to feel all smart after you watched one of tek syndicates videos? I don't know maybe I'm a little fucked up in the head but to me:

*CPU is doing a lot of work in a game

*USB protocol is not by any means "light weight" (Polling based protocol instead of interrupt based so more CPU overhead)

so thus

*Audio is the last priority on the system queue 

and you get a bunch of sync issues or even in the case with my O2 DAC + AMP audio can even completely garble and get way out of phase with and get an "Echo" affect. I know impossible right!!! its just sound waves!!! will genius guess what the system does more things than just audio and the USB protocol is fucked more ways than sunday. 

"Peek-a-boo, you ****s, you!"

Just gonna throw this out there, Rocksmith will not work with a USB audio device.

There are issues with USB.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about? No were the fuck did you get the idea I said gaming audio is more intense? No you pulled it outa your fucking ass because you wanted to feel all smart after you watched one of tek syndicates videos? I don't know maybe I'm a little fucked up in the head but to me:

*USB protocol is not by any means "light weight" (Polling based protocol instead of interrupt based so more CPU overhead)

so thus

and you get a bunch of sync issues or even in the case with my O2 DAC + AMP audio can even completely garble and get way out of phase with and get an "Echo" affect. I know impossible right!!! its just sound waves!!! will genius guess what the system does more things than just audio and the USB protocol is fucked more ways than sunday. 

Uhm... I don't think that's the case.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

so thus

You don't even know how much of an asshole this post made you look. We can get into a huge argument where we come out as the victors, OR I can decide not to. I'm not going to waste my time. 

You don't even know how much of an asshole this post made you look. We can get into a huge argument where we come out as the victors, OR I can decide not to. I'm not going to waste my time. 

I look like an asshole oh well that's great! But the guy insulted me when he felt like he knew something I didn't and did it in a most annoying fashion. So personally I don't care.

Uhm... I don't think that's the case.

But for low end systems it actually is...

I look like an asshole oh well that's great! But the guy insulted me when he felt like he knew something I didn't and did it in a most annoying fashion. So personally I don't care.

He does know something you don't. Apparently you couldn't even understood what he meant when he said. "Yes, because gaming audio is so much more "intense". 

But calling people idiots because they say sound cards aren't worth it, which 95% of the time is TRUE, isn't getting anybody to like you, or even care what you say. 

You're entitled to your opinions, but think before you say something. 

doodz quit derailing. go make another thread to discuss who's the bigger asshole.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

He does know something you don't. Apparently you couldn't even understood what he meant when he said. "Yes, because gaming audio is so much more "intense". 

But calling people idiots because they say sound cards aren't worth it, which 95% of the time is TRUE, isn't getting anybody to like you, or even care what you say. 

You're entitled to your opinions, but think before you say something. 

Gaming audio isn't more intense but gaming is more intense on the rest of the system and thus lag can get introduced. How do you expect to send sound over USB with out any overhead?

Gaming audio isn't more intense but gaming is more intense on the rest of the system and thus lag can get introduced. How do you expect to send sound over USB with out any overhead?

"which 95% of the time is TRUE" 

Do you feel the need to start an argument or something? Honestly, have you actually built a gaming PC, performed well in gaming then you begin to use USB and you frame rate drops significantly? 

But seriously, we're starting to get off topic, so stop with this conversation?

get an o2+odac

He uses it for gaming,soundcard is a better buy for gaming.All those dolby thingies but i prefer a DAC and an AMP anyday.I use SCHIIT M&M combo

Do you feel the need to start an argument or something? Honestly, have you actually built a gaming PC, performed well in gaming then you begin to use USB and you frame rate drops significantly? 

I seriously don't get what you people are talking about.I am an audio guy but still i am curious..

The point here is, no, a sound card is not going to increase your game performance, and it's not going to give you any sort of edge over other players. Dolby Headphone sucks. If you want the best audiofeelz you go with O2/Odac even though its often overkill. 

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

USB overhead... Lol...

Unless your game is using 100% of every thread, I see no problem with this whatsoever. 

After switching from a Xonar Phoebus to an o2 + odac, I never experienced any audio delays or anything of the sort, and I also got an improvement in quality of sound as well.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I just purchased the beyerdynamic mmx300 headphones and I am looking for a sound card that will get the most out of these for gaming audio.  I spend most of my pc time gaming, playing fps or rts games, and the rest of the time listening to music or watching movies.  I need a new sound card either way as my on board audio just does not work.  My budget is $200.

If you want purely sound card at 200 dollar i cant think of anything but Creative ZXR.

USB overhead... Lol...

Unless your game is using 100% of every thread, I see no problem with this whatsoever. 

After switching from a Xonar Phoebus to an o2 + odac, I never experienced any audio delays or anything of the sort, and I also got an improvement in quality of sound as well.

Those overheads man....my God, can't you see all those overheads....??

Yes I have! On very old systems it is a factor and even on modern systems there is still some delay issues with USB.

Now I can see overhead is a very big word for people in the audio forum so let me explain, overhead simply means something that is another layer of processes running on the system. I don't care if you are using a 12 core xeon at 3 ghz it still comes down to:

*How much data is being sent over the USB port

*How many other processes are waiting in the queue

So we can conclude if someone is running a old system than adding another process for the system to do while its running other more important processes, no mater how small it may be, does affect the system in a negative way. You see while USB does support DMA you still have to send things through the CPU like control bytes, start position, DMA count. Not to mention DMA is a kernel mode (ring 0) set of instructions and thus we need a context switch to take place which can even take more time.

Look at system idle or on a semi modern system these delays are almost not there. But on a out dated system or on a system that is being stressed and there is no time slots left for a USB DMA then shit hits the fan.

Yes I have! On very old systems it is a factor and even on modern systems there is still some delay issues with USB.

It's not an issue. Nobody spending $200 on a sound card should be using a PC that is worth less than the sound card.

Those overheads man....my God, can't you see all those overheads....??

nou.

I just wanna catch those qualities.

In Soviet Russia, quality catches you!

It's not an issue. Nobody spending $200 on a sound card should be using a PC that is worth less than the sound card.

nou.

When did he say he wanted to spend 200$?

nou.

Actually in Soviet Russia, Putin catches you, for using more overheads than what the Kremlin could handle....

:ph34r:

Lessons learned, brah, I'm going back to PS/2 gaming mouse and keyboard, avoiding all those destructive overheads. If only those aren't so damn hard to find nowadays.....

You should do the same. I'm telling as a friend-with-occasional-love-sparks here. You gotta stop letting those overheads destroy your gaming experience slowly from the inside. You could have achieved so much more without them....

Lessons learned, brah, I'm going back to PS/2 gaming mouse and keyboard, avoiding all those destructive overheads. If only those aren't so damn hard to find nowadays.....

You should do the same. I'm telling as a friend-with-occasional-love-sparks here. You gotta stop letting those overheads destroy your gaming experience slowly from the inside. You could have achieved so much more without them....

Now I know why I keep missing those headshots...

Damned overheads!  :angry: