Is this a dead pixel?

Michael

Hello guys., I've noticed something on my screen and I thought it was dead pixel but when I took a shot of it(see image below), it looked like a dirt or something. I've tried to wipe it but it seems that it's on the pixel itself.

Is there anyway to remove it? thanks...

PNM0eR1.png?1

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k     GPU Nvidia GTX 560     RAM Corsair Vengeance LP (2x4gb)     MOBO ASUS p8z68m-PRO     HDD/SSD WD Caviar Blue 1tb/OCZ Vertex 3 60gb

PSU Cooler Master GX 550w     CASE CM Storm Scout II     KEYBOARD Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition     MOUSE Razer Naga 2012     MONITOR LG IPS237 23" LED-IPS      AUDIO Xenon 2.1 Surround Sound System

You can't do anything about dead pixels

R.I.P

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

This could probably help you..

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Looks like some dirt on the pixel itself. I don't think it's a dead pixel because as far as I can tell, all of the sub-pixels are working.

I don't think you can do anything about this unfortunately.

Also, how did you get that close up shot? It looks awesome (Minus the dirt :P )

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Looks like dirt inside the monitor. I had something similar a while ago, the dirt went away by itself after a while.

Guys, I don't think that they are really dead pixels because they respond on color changes. I took a short clip while running jscreenfix(see GIF below) and as you can see, you can barely see the "affected" pixels. I guess I just have to live with it. It's just quite unfortunate that it's almost on the middle of the screen. :( 

bQm3Eg8.gif

@JR1911 I hope thats my case. 

@WhatTheQuack I shot it with my dslr with "reversed" lens(to make the focusing distance close enough for macro shots) :) 

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k     GPU Nvidia GTX 560     RAM Corsair Vengeance LP (2x4gb)     MOBO ASUS p8z68m-PRO     HDD/SSD WD Caviar Blue 1tb/OCZ Vertex 3 60gb

PSU Cooler Master GX 550w     CASE CM Storm Scout II     KEYBOARD Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition     MOUSE Razer Naga 2012     MONITOR LG IPS237 23" LED-IPS      AUDIO Xenon 2.1 Surround Sound System

A "dead" pixel dosent have to mean it's totally dead. Could just be a sub pixel isn't responding. I've got 1 on my monitor that dosent respond to red. Green or blue is fine.

I shot it with my dslr with "reversed" lens(to make the focusing distance close enough for macro shots) :)

Thanks! I'll have to try that out. (Although none of my lenses have a manual aperture ring)

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Thanks! I'll have to try that out. (Although none of my lenses have a manual aperture ring)

If it's a canon camera the aperture should stay the same if you detach the lens while the camera is on. If it's a Nikon you'll have to hold the spring loaded aperture control "tab"

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur

@WhatTheQuack Neither mine does not have manual aperture. I've shot it on it's widest aperture so the DOF is so narrow. You probably won't see it on the image above because the subject(the LCD screen in that case) is totally flat.

@Weck I'm using canon. Aperture blades on the lens will engage ONLY during the length of exposure. What I did is I hold the shutter while in bulb mode so that the aperture blades are engaged and then detach the lens itself. BTW, I didn't think of that idea before! I'm shooting macros for a while now with reversed lens and the very shallow DOF always bothers me until now! Thanks!! :)

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

Have you tried massaging it? Grab a pencil and a microfiber cloth and try poking it lightly.

I don't think it's dead.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

if you recently bought the monitor return it, most places ive bought monitors from have been extremely accomodating.

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>