** CLOSED ** HTC Forum Giveaway - A Chance to Win 1 of 4 HTC Phones!

LinusTech

wow! more give aways

hopefully i win!

Entering, just joined for this giveaway, though it seems like an interesting fourm so I may end up lurking yet another board!

I'm excited because HTC phones are simply beautiful and I have been stuck with a "dumb" phone up to this point!

First off, I want to thank HTC and this subreddit for this giveaway!! I just joined and knew this deal through the promotions that people are putting out!

2. Twitter share with Twitter handle @youngsc2: https://twitter.com/youngsc2

3. Community Site share with nickname YOunGSc2: http://www.reddit.com/r/cellphones/comments/1frlk7/win_1_of_4_htc_phones_i_could_only_think_of_this/

A HTC phone! i never had one maybe i will win!! 

wow i could really use a new phone, but awesome giveaway

good luck everyone :) 

me included hehe

ENTRY #1

Many thanks for this contest... And honestly, I'd actually like to take the opportunity to share abit more and hopefully get the message across to HTC .

I've actually had high regards for HTC phones even though I dun own one (from testing out friends and family's units). I felt the build was firm & sturdy. The phone design was minimalist and simple.

Sadly, I feel HTC is going on the wrong path. Maybe it's EGO got big after becoming the first  Nexus vendor. I felt HTC was starting to become 'arrogant' and thought it could dictate what people (aka customers) wanted. I've always felt that Android is about choices. So, it was kinda sad to see HTC slowly removing choice/ options -- non-removable batteries, no microSD slot, etc...

No doubt it has got some really slick and nice designs, but not everyone likes the idea of non-removable batteries (unless HTC can come up with a phone that can take heavy usage for 48 hours and not need a charge).  A lot of people still like the idea of having more storage. There can never be enough... Even if the phone comes with 1TB internal storage, people will still want more. That is only human. Back in the 80s, it's luxury to have a box of 3.5" diskettes. How many MB is that? These days, we're talking GB and TB and yet, we still want more. 

I felt bad when my brother finally picked HTC Incredible S as his first smartphone and regretted it a few months later. No regular updates. When it finally got firmware update, it slowed his phone to the point where he was constantly tossing the phone. It was really unbearable. He was almost done with Android till he decided to give another android phone a try -- this time, he said NO MORE HTC. 

It's also sad that I read about how HTC is not doing well lately... I can only ask HTC... Please give us what we want. We want (user) replaceable batteries. We want microSD. And dun price it as a premium. Come up with a model that is for the people... High end phone with low end cost. Dun think about $$$ first. think about getting HTC phones to as many people as possible. I'm sure it's doable.

And regarding the Sense UI which some people think is a bloatware, how about letting the phone come with stock OS but during setup, it will prompt to download the Sense UI. This way, you still get people to try out Sense but if they dun like it, they can remove/ uninstall it and free up more space (yes, see my point about we wanting more storage?!?)

ENTRY #2

Twitter share with Twitter handle @adriantaihttps://twitter.com/adriantai/status/342533635276165120

ENTRY #3

Community Site share with nickname mydragoonhttp://forum.setiaalam.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2747&p=201557#p201557

Hi!

Would really love to try a HTC smartphone soon!

Have a nice day :)

I hope i win this one....I have never won anything :/ :D GL to everyone :D

I don't have many expectations because there are so many people entering, but I can't lose hope ;)

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Yay finally some giveaways to europe aswell ;)

Thank you Linus!

Big thanks to HTC and Linus Media Group!!!