2GB VRAM for 1440p

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by Butterfish,

I'm running 1440p on my GTX 670 2GB. So yea, it is possible but don't expect same frame rates as 1080p :)

Hi

I might be replacing my 1080p monitor some time with a 1440p one and I'm wondering if I'm still able to play games on Ultra settings with a 2GB R9 270X, or should I get a 4GB one. Thanks.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

270X cant handle the swag of 1440p

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I'm running 1440p on my GTX 670 2GB. So yea, it is possible but don't expect same frame rates as 1080p :)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Can't you just buy the monitor and see?

Edit: there's this video, but I'm not sure if it's 2GB

Hi

I might be replacing my 1080p monitor some time with a 1440p one and I'm wondering if I'm still able to play games on Ultra settings with a 2GB R9 270X, or should I get a 4GB one. Thanks.

If you really wanna play on ultra settings you're going to want more juice than what a 270X can provide. But yes you will be able to play games at 1440p, just not at 60fps on ultra.

If you really wanna play on ultra settings you're going to want more juice than what a 270X can provide. But yes you will be able to play games at 1440p, just not at 60fps on ultra.

High at 45 fps is good enough for me.

Youll get more than that in Battlefield 4 if you keep AA off. Any game if you turn off AA youll do just fine

May or may not happen, probably would depend on the game. Can't really tell you if the 270x would do it.

Do you already have the card? If so you may as well just get the monitor and play at 1080p if you have to, then upgrade your GPU down the line.

May or may not happen, probably would depend on the game. Can't really tell you if the 270x would do it.

Do you already have the card? If so you may as well just get the monitor and play at 1080p if you have to, then upgrade your GPU down the line.

I don't. I think I'll buy that card when I get the monitor. And I always play at the monitor's native resolution.

I don't. I think I'll buy that card when I get the monitor. And I always play at the monitor's native resolution.

In that case I don't know. The 270X might be able to play all games at 45fps/High, but I don't know. If you can afford a faster card I think it would be worth getting a 280/280X, otherwise I don't know.

Thanks guys, I'll get a 280.