will a single xeon x5650 at 4ghz bottleneck 2 gtx 770s ?

if i can ill test it,hope it helps me in older engined games

If it doesn't, there's always Intel.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

no mhu.gif

no mhu.gif

no mhu.gif

amd 4 lyfe

All I heard was peasant for life.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

heuheuheu 

grumpy fanboy peasant

AMD = Association of Mentally Disabled

sounds about right xD

Only joke there. Now i feel bad for recommending 8320 for gaming. Feck. Maybe games use 8 cores when dx12 drops? Or anytime? I mean workload is allready very threaded, but for some reason they only use 4 cores at any given time.

grumpy fanboy peasant

AMD = Association of Mentally Disabled

sounds about right xD

Only joke there. Now i feel bad for recommending 8320 for gaming. Feck. Maybe games use 8 cores when dx12 drops? Or anytime? I mean workload is allready very threaded, but for some reason they only use 4 cores at any given time.

lazy game devs is all this boils down too

lazy game devs is all this boils down too

Its not lazy game developers, its smart game developers.  They make games for the masses, and the masses still only use 2 or 4 core processors.  We are a long way off from seeing games that utilize more than 4 threads.  Game developers are not going to kneecap their potential sales so that they can appeal to enthusiasts, they appeal to the majority.  That is business, economics and capitalism.

Its not lazy game developers, its smart game developers.  They make games for the masses, and the masses still only use 2 or 4 core processors.  We are a long way off from seeing games that utilize more than 4 threads.  Game developers are not going to kneecap their potential sales so that they can appeal to enthusiasts, they appeal to the majority.  That is business, economics and capitalism.

How about: Intel conspiracy theory :D

Srysly, if games with new game engines ( source 2, snowflake, ue4,... ) dont come out with more than 4 core usage then...

...well i dont know what i am gonna do den xD buy intel I suppose. Haha. 

Official Intel fanboy now over here. At least until AMD makes new Phenoms or whatever and sell it at 150 bucks.

Do not quote that post, it is an incredibly flawed study that he did.  Just because Task Manager shows all cores being utilized, doesn't mean they really are.  Games do not utilize hyperthreading, and don't utilize more than 4 threads except for 3 games.

what are those 3 games btw... battlefield ? Or nobody knows how is threaded?

what are those 3 games btw... battlefield ? Or nobody knows how is threaded?

Its actually only two games:

Crysis 3 and Watch Dogs.  Watch Dogs is terribly optimized and the reviews seem to be all over the place, so it is not the most credible source, but it does look like there is a 10fps gain in minimum FPS when going from an i5 @ stock to an i7 @ stock.  Once they are both overclocked, they almost equal out.

How about: Intel conspiracy theory :D

Srysly, if games with new game engines ( source 2, snowflake, ue4,... ) dont come out with more than 4 core usage then...

...well i dont know what i am gonna do den xD buy intel I suppose. Haha. 

Official Intel fanboy now over here. At least until AMD makes new Phenoms or whatever and sell it at 150 bucks.

Meh don't be an intel fanboy, just upgrade to whats better only if youre held back by the CPU (monitor gpu loads). There's no point being a fan of a CPU brand, nvidia vs amd is just a preference that's all and has nothing to do with performance unless you think 5% is worth arguing about. My main reason why I take Intel over AMD is because of their better single threaded performance, once AMD brings a CPU out that has better single threaded performance at a lower clock even than Intel that's when I'll be buying AMD. If you would really believe in future games magically saturating 8 cores making 8350's complety equal to i5's, you might as well be stupid enough to buy a 5960x and a few years later you'd admit it was retarded :P

Oh no... not this bullshit again...

Again the term "bottlenecking" gets miss-used too much!

bear_facepalm_by_akgaimer-d3bkgsu.png