Belgians biggest ISP invests 500 million to go gigabit

Im still amazed that shity Romania has fiber networks in all cities... its unreal.

Good for Belgium i hope they dont charge 200$ for 1gbps that would be a pointless investment.

Thanks for the tip

ATM i have still a crappy bbox2 from them, hate it. It dies almost once a week and it always dies after a couple of hours of downloading :D

Maybe give them a call and ask for a bbox3 can solve the crap. I don't know anymore :(

Well it isn't going to fix itself, is it? :P

Call them, say you're getting frequent interruptions in your connections (preferably that this is the case wit ha direct UTP connection on the modem) and they'll likely prefer to have you swap out the modem rather than send a tech your way. At least, if Proximus works roughly the same as Telenet, whom I work for.

If your modem actually resets or loses connection, they should have a log of events as well so it SHOULD be obvious.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

in-response-to-hearing-about-comcast-pla

That guy is just like Logan from TekSyndicate :D:D  It is even more hilarious with the fact that he is always against this big ISP throttling ale limiting their customers and now he is in the role of one. :D

That guy is just like Logan from TekSyndicate :D:D  It is even more hilarious with the fact that he is always against this big ISP throttling ale limiting their customers and now he is in the role of one. :D

That was the point lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That was the point lol

well i see it first time ? who created it ?

well i see it first time ? who created it ?

It's from an episode of southpark.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

160 minimum. Crazy.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Well it isn't going to fix itself, is it? :P

Call them, say you're getting frequent interruptions in your connections (preferably that this is the case wit ha direct UTP connection on the modem) and they'll likely prefer to have you swap out the modem rather than send a tech your way. At least, if Proximus works roughly the same as Telenet, whom I work for.

If your modem actually resets or loses connection, they should have a log of events as well so it SHOULD be obvious.

True :D I need to do something about it.

I'll give them a call today or tomorrow, depends if i got time and if i'm going to be lazy today :D

I have atm a wire to a router and that's wired to the modem, but in the beginning i had a straight connection before i got tired of the terrible wifi build in and got a linsys router. Anyway, it was terrible back then, and it still is, and my rig is fine soo yea... Going to try to get a bbox3.

If they at least want that, couple of months ago, when the bbox3 was already being distributed. A bbox2 died of a friend, and the proximus center gave him a bbox2 back soo. Disappointed :D So "accidentally" wrecking my bbox2 won't help D:

I hope they won't make it too hard for me.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Thanks for the tip

ATM i have still a crappy bbox2 from them, hate it. It dies almost once a week and it always dies after a couple of hours of downloading :D

Maybe give them a call and ask for a bbox3 can solve the crap. I don't know anymore :(

I had the same thing on a bbox2 , using wifi even made it happen even faster .if you are in a vectoring enabled area you should be able turn it in for a bbox3 for free, if not then it largely depends on what shop you go to.

If you call them and say its broken they give you a code to get a new one at a proximus center/shop 

knowing Telenet, they are not doing this with government money. Whenever they notice that there is an issue, they invest their own money into improving the service.

Several years ago they noticed that mobile data use was increasing exponentially, so they did massive upgrades to their mobile network to make sure it is able to deal with that increase for years to come. Now they're noticing a similar thing due to the increasing popularity of Netflix and their own on-demand service, so they're upgrading the entire internet network.

Funny detail, Telenet's CEO (John Porter) is an American.

EDIT : and in case you're wondering about prices :

Basic internet : 26.99 EUR/month ($33.33 US), 30Mbps down and 3 up, 100GB data cap

Fiber 100 : 49.39 EUR/month ($54.90 US), 100Mbps down and 6 up, 150GB data cap

Fiber 200 : 70.79 EUR/month ($78.68 US), 200Mbps down and 12 up, NO data cap

I'm on a 10 year old plan that they don't sell anymore. I pay 46 EUR/month for 30Mbps down and 5 up (getting 28.74 and 4.39 actually) and back then a 60GB data cap. With every upgrade to the network they increased the data cap as compensation for the fact that my connection speed stayed the same (limitation on the modem's side) and a few years ago they got rid of my data cap entirely.

The no data cap is a bunch off bullshit btw

There IS a cap, but it depends on the "volume" used in the region ...

For example; If the average usage is around 250GB and you go over the average you get throttled to 1mb/s at peak hours ( from 08.00 - 00.00) So at night you have full speed.

I know this cause i get throttled every month (average here is 356GB) with the "so called unlimited" shenanigans

And knowing telenet there's going to be a premium price for it

Let's agree to disagree

The no data cap is a bunch off bullshit btw

There IS a cap, but it depends on the "volume" used in the region ...

For example; If the average usage is around 250GB and you go over the average you get throttled to 1mb/s at peak hours ( from 08.00 - 00.00) So at night you have full speed.

I know this cause i get throttled every month (average here is 356GB) with the "so called unlimited" shenanigans

Yeah, they call it "fair use". Nightly use counts a lot less towards that cap though, I've gone close to 2TB without throttling.

Do you mean 1Mb or 1MB ? Didn't think it would have been that much.

Yeah, they call it "fair use". Nightly use counts a lot less towards that cap though, I've gone close to 2TB without throttling.

Do you mean 1Mb or 1MB ? Didn't think it would have been that much.

my max download is 100kb/s when throttled  .... nuff said 

Let's agree to disagree

True :D I need to do something about it.

I'll give them a call today or tomorrow, depends if i got time and if i'm going to be lazy today :D

I have atm a wire to a router and that's wired to the modem, but in the beginning i had a straight connection before i got tired of the terrible wifi build in and got a linsys router. Anyway, it was terrible back then, and it still is, and my rig is fine soo yea... Going to try to get a bbox3.

If they at least want that, couple of months ago, when the bbox3 was already being distributed. A bbox2 died of a friend, and the proximus center gave him a bbox2 back soo. Disappointed :D So "accidentally" wrecking my bbox2 won't help D:

I hope they won't make it too hard for me.

If you ever need help for Telenet stuff, feel free to tell me. that I CAN look at :P

P.S.

Goes for anyone really, insider look can be useful.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

If you ever need help for Telenet stuff, feel free to tell me. that I CAN look at :P

P.S.

Goes for anyone really, insider look can be useful.

I should give them a call really. My only access point is at the first floor (2nd floor for the Americans) and the PC is on the ground level (first floor for the Americans). I have dozens of network failures every day, ranging from 5 secs to 2 minutes.

After some searching with Net Uptime Monitor on the laptop and PC I found out it's the powerline between both floors that's doing this for no apparent reason. Switching to a different type of powerline doesn't work, so I have no option but to call Integan (the cable company) to get a cable connection downstairs and then call Telenet to move the modem and connection.

I just hope I can keep my old modem and my Expressnet plan, I use more than the Fiber 100 cap.

I should give them a call really. My only access point is at the first floor (2nd floor for the Americans) and the PC is on the ground level (first floor for the Americans). I have dozens of network failures every day, ranging from 5 secs to 2 minutes.

After some searching with Net Uptime Monitor on the laptop and PC I found out it's the powerline between both floors that's doing this for no apparent reason. Switching to a different type of powerline doesn't work, so I have no option but to call Integan (the cable company) to get a cable connection downstairs and then call Telenet to move the modem and connection.

I just hope I can keep my old modem and my Expressnet plan, I use more than the Fiber 100 cap.

Why do you need to move the modem? Could you not just get a UTP connectionto that access point? Would be cheaper.

Meanwhile in Australia...

4419942865.png

You must live a bad area...I'm in wa and get faster...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory