Why does it sound like all american isp's are so shit?

samosnik

Americans like to bitch? Seriously the government is taking meta data, they cannot possibly look through all the information logs, just use a proxy service for your illegal web browsing and torrenting.

isnt that bad for me in aus..

3721610435.png

Those ping times are excellent, and the upload is also well above average. I'd seriously consider having a technician about that abysmal download speeds. Unless you are paying for a symmetrical connection,

I have used Frontier, Cactus, and TWC. It is safe to say they are all shit.

Currently, with TWC i pay for 20/2Mbps. I am averaging around 5/1, and services like Netflix and Twitch are INCREDIBLY slow and buffer constantly. Their customer services is less than satisfactory too. If you call, and let them know that you are recording the call (they do it, why not also do it) they will drop you into limbo where they repeat "this call is being recorded and/or monitored" every few seconds and never actually let you talk to anyone.

Lastly, assuming you ever actually get to talk to anyone they are all technology illiterate. I once had to explain the difference between a Cisco switch and a modem because the service rep wanted to know why i wasnt using their hardware.

~Judah

3726788932.png

70GB data cap/month, and the plan is a bit messed. Supposed to be 30/5, but as you can see, it looks like I get the extra down, from my up. Costs about $75/month...

EDIT: This is at my house when I'm not in college. When I move Monday to my college house, I'll post it's net, which is much better in terms of cost (since it has a 300GB cap, and anything between 2AM and 8AM doesn't count)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Living in Sydney and still get this shit, American companies seems greedy and evil but at least most of them deliver half decent speeds unlike the poop we get here. 

3719540016.png

Better than the ATT shit my grandma has. This is on a good day. She has a 2GB data cap. Then it drops to 1Mbps or lower. Did I mention this is to be shared for THE ENTIRE FUCKING HOUSE. -_-

3662886372.png

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Americans like to bitch? Seriously the government is taking meta data, they cannot possibly look through all the information logs, just use a proxy service for your illegal web browsing and torrenting.

Those ping times are excellent, and the upload is also well above average. I'd seriously consider having a technician about that abysmal download speeds. Unless you are paying for a symmetrical connection,

I know? it's amazing the speed test lies in my opinion though i dont get that fast speeds down but that doesnt bother me but im not paying much so im not complaining 

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

I always laugh so hard when I read about American isp, it's so amazing how terrible it is there. I'm amazed no one has started a revolt or something. HEY OBAMA! GIVE YO FOLK SOME REAL INTERNET DAWG!

If the next president don't fix this shit don't vote.

I know they are unrelated but meh, they can try!

I only hear people complaining about there bandwhit cap. Not reaching the speed that they pay for. Etc.

Is that true?

I'm surprised nobody has posted this, but TekSyndicate shows a lot of truth behind american ISPs in their The Tek series.

http://youtu.be/t6ri8wZspBc?t=22m6s

The building blocks of shushi are:

Shushi meat, peaches, and guacamole

Spoiler

I like guns n' i like trucks

Spoiler

I've got high octane crazy blood filling me up

Google needs to roll out the internet all over the states already.  I'm sure they have the money and resources. It will benefit everyone. Google, consumers, and will FORCE change to other ISPs.  As much as I have good speed (using Cox), I HATE the data caps they enforce (which I care about more).  

3731916735.png

Charter normal price I believe is $90 But I work for them so its lower priced. no caps

Main rig: i7 4790k, Cooler H55, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Obsidian 250D, ASRock H97M-ITX/ac, G.Skill 8GB, 500GB 840 EVO, 1TB WD Black

Server:  HP DL380 G5 8x 300GB 10k Sata drives, 2x e5460 32GB Ram

NAS: Synology DS213 with 2 2TB WD Red Drives

Time warner cable

I have no cap and I have 15/1... 1 upload speed is a joke first of all

then they don't upgrade their infrastructure even when people keep disconnecting

I disconnect at least once a day, max ~5... but my friend disconnects at least 10 times a day

they have admitted it's their fault but they haven't fixed the neighborhood nodes yet and it's been like 5 months

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Wow, USA internet sucks. The data caps are just plain stupid and the net neutrality is so messed up. Ping and speeds kinda sucks here in Mexico but you are free to download as much as you want.