How to mount 42 inch plasma ?

Dive5885

Hello Everyone! 

I want to mount my 42 inch plasma above my current setup as shown in the photo. ( Sorry for the crap photo quality )

post-68968-0-52630300-1409182986_thumb.j

Here's the tv.

post-68968-0-14546200-1409183051_thumb.j

My main concern is that the tv is heavy as hell. 

So I don't want to just mount it normally. 

Don't want to come home one day and half of my wall came down ( LOL )

So all the help & ideas would be great!

Thank! 

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

Buy a wall bracket /mount 

its cheap but first check if there are the required hole s for it at the back check the specs or something i am not good with tvs  :ph34r:

Tilt-TV-Wall-Mount-Bracket.png

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Sharifs way or shit ton of duct tape..his method is better though

Duct tape, Hot glue, hammer and some nails, maybe a can opener...

Just get a TV wall mount.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Duct tape, Hot glue, hammer and some nails, maybe a can opener...

Just get a TV wall mount.

Sharifs way or shit ton of duct tape..his method is better though

Depends on the wall, is it load bearing? Are there beams? If it's just a layer of material if will break off in no time so you'll need some kind of stud.

Buy a wall bracket /mount 

its cheap but first check if there are the required hole s for it at the back check the specs or something i am not good with tvs  :ph34r:

Tilt-TV-Wall-Mount-Bracket.png

Yes I am aware that I need a tv mount. 

But like I said I don't want to come home one day and half of my wall is gone and the tv is on the floor. 

Any way to reinforce to make sure it wont fall down ? 

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

But like I said I don't want to come home one day and half of my wall is gone and the tv is on the floor. 

it shaint fall just put on studs :D

You shouldn't mount it unless you know where the wall beams are. Just use a tall tv stand and it will be safer. Drywall will not hold a tv unless its an ultra thin LED screen.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

get a stud/wall beam finder

Well depending on the materials your wall is constructed out of, in general I'm assuming drywall and wood studs since you are in the US you'd want to locate the studs and use 2 inch small diameter lag bolts with pre drilled holes or coarse threaded screws to hold it up, if you have concrete walls then using concrete wedge or sleeve fasteners will work well also. 

Well if you put the screws into studs it won't fall down.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I say this because, I had a very bad Gypsie attack...they stole my wife, plow... and they touch my horse in a very bad way... he got very depressed.