9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Kills Shooting Range Instructor

Arty

double post

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Agreed hearing anyone shot in a stupid way is getting old like the guy in mexico that killed himself taking a selfie

Not to disrespect the dead, but that's double stupidity. Guns AND selfies.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

And Conservatives Are Getting Mad At Obama For Putting Restrictions On Guns

The NRA would probably just encourage people to be safe and exercise better judgment. It was a voluntary scenario that led to an accident, there's no appeal to gun control given the situation.

The nra only exists to sell more weapons. It's not about gun rights or any of that horseshit, its about assisting the gun manufacturers to sell more weapons. That's what a gun is, a DEADLY WEAPON. Even though I own one I know it's only purpose is to kill.

Sigh.... Americans will never learn.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Presumably, of course, no one blames the kid. I don't, definitely not, not by any stretch of the imagination.

It's tragic, but I'm a pretty cold person and I'm not losing sleep over it. Guy killed himself with his own stupidity. All there is to it.

I have no problem with people having guns, and I think pictures of cute little girls with gigantic railguns is hilarious and adorable, but I am totally against idiots having/using/giving guns to little kids.

The nra only exists to sell more weapons. It's not about gun rights or any of that horseshit, its about assisting the gun manufacturers to sell more weapons. That's what a gun is, a DEADLY WEAPON. Even though I own one I know it's only purpose is to kill.

I believe you're mistaken about the purpose of the NRA. The only things they tried to sell me were annual memberships and crappy memorabilia. I won't argue that there are a lot of letters stoking the fire with fear mongering "They're coming to take your guns!" encouraging you to write representatives and whatnot. If some people instead decide to purchase more firearms, I don't believe you can credit the NRA for that.

As for purposes, that's for their users to decide. Don't think Olympic shooters would like being told their marksmanship rifles' only purpose is to kill. Congrats on your ownership though, I suppose?

Wow who would have fought that giving a loaded, full auto gun to a 9 year old girl could go wrong?

Oh well, we have to look on the bright side of things.

1) People will hopefully learn from this mistake (although I find it hard to believe someone who did this mistake to begin with is smart enough to learn from others' mistakes).

2) She might become a really good FPS gamer when she grows up to overcome her fear for guns.

post-216-0-86263900-1409226940.png

Ok, fact time.

In the United states, most automatic firearms are illegal. To own one you must get what's called a class 3 gun license.

You obtain a form from the licensed seller

fill out said form

take it to local police department

get finger printed

send form to ATF for approval

Wave almost all of your rights including the right to privacy.

You must also meet the following requirements

you must take a drug test twice yearly at random,

you must own a gun safe, your guns must remain in it when not in use or being maintained

you will be subject to yearly random searches of your house for anything they dont like, without warning, without a warrant of any kind.

IF they find anything out of order, you go to jail, not just regular jail, but federal ass rape jail.

This guy was a moron who didn't think and died as a result. 10s of millions of human beings have the same thing (not thinking = dying) happen to them each year. End of story.

Lol what? This is almost completely false.

There are two major pieces of legislation regarding FA weapons in the US. The first is the National Firearms Act of 1934. What this says is that if you want anything full auto, or a suppressor or a rifle with a barrel under 16", a shotgun with a barrel under 16" or any firearm with an overall length under 16" you must register the weapon with the ATF and pay a $200 tax for a tax stamp. Its important to note that this is NOT A LICENSE. This tax was supposed to basically ban them because back in 1934 $200 was a lot of money and almost no one could afford to pay it. This tax amount has never changed even up to today. You must pay the tax for each and every NFA item you own. 

The second important piece of legislation is the Firearms Protection Act of 1986. This bans the sale, and possession of fully automatic weapons that are produced after 1986, without an FFL. An FFL (Federal Firearms License) is what dealers need to sell and/or manufacture firearms to customers. 

Important notes:

You DO NOT need to forfeit your right to privacy if you own an NFA item.

You DO NOT need to take a drug test twice a year randomly.

You DO NOT need to prove you have a proper gun safe, although you would be pretty crazy to not have a save since the prices of FA NFA compliant firearms can be really outrageous. 

You DO NOT need to subject yourself to random police searches, your 4th amendment does still apply.

You Do need to submit an ATF form 1 or Form 4 depending on the situation for approval.

You Do need to pay a $200 tax

You May need to be fingerprinted. You only need to be fingerprinted if you want to own the weapon personally, You do not need to be fingerprinted if you start a trust and have the gun owned by the trust, even if you are the sole trustee.

You Do need your chief law enforcement officer (Sheriff or Chief of Police) sign off on your purchase, IF AND ONLY IF YOU DO NOT USE A TRUST. If you are using a trust you DO NOT need chief LEO approval.

Many FA weapons are perfectly legal in the US, if you are willing to jump through the loops. There are transferable MP5's, M16's, BAR's, FAL's, AK's, UZI's, and even one (1) legal MK19 Full auto grenade launcher on the ATF registry. Just about anything made before 1986 can still be purchased and legally owned by civilians in the US. Although the MK19 is also a Destructive Device and has a bit more red tape to it than the others.

I have several friends who own NFA items, and have two suppressors (Osprey .45 and Ti-rant 5.56) pending approval right now.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Lol what? This is almost completely false.

There are two major pieces of legislation regarding FA weapons in the US. The first is the National Firearms Act of 1934. What this says is that if you want anything full auto, or a suppressor or a rifle with a barrel under 16", a shotgun with a barrel under 16" or any firearm with an overall length under 16" you must register the weapon with the ATF and pay a $200 tax for a tax stamp. Its important to note that this is NOT A LICENSE. This tax was supposed to basically ban them because back in 1934 $200 was a lot of money and almost no one could afford to pay it. This tax amount has never changed even up to today. You must pay the tax for each and every NFA item you own. 

The second important piece of legislation is the Firearms Protection Act of 1986. This bans the sale, and possession of fully automatic weapons that are produced after 1986, without an FFL. An FFL (Federal Firearms License) is what dealers need to sell and/or manufacture firearms to customers. 

Important notes:

You DO NOT need to forfeit your right to privacy if you own an NFA item.

You DO NOT need to take a drug test twice a year randomly.

You DO NOT need to prove you have a proper gun safe, although you would be pretty crazy to not have a save since the prices of FA NFA compliant firearms can be really outrageous. 

You DO NOT need to subject yourself to random police searches, your 4th amendment does still apply.

You Do need to submit an ATF form 1 or Form 4 depending on the situation for approval.

You Do need to pay a $200 tax

You May need to be fingerprinted. You only need to be fingerprinted if you want to own the weapon personally, You do not need to be fingerprinted if you start a trust and have the gun owned by the trust, even if you are the sole trustee.

You Do need your chief law enforcement officer (Sheriff or Chief of Police) sign off on your purchase, IF AND ONLY IF YOU DO NOT USE A TRUST. If you are using a trust you DO NOT need chief LEO approval.

Many FA weapons are perfectly legal in the US, if you are willing to jump through the loops. There are transferable MP5's, M16's, BAR's, FAL's, AK's, UZI's, and even one (1) legal MK19 Full auto grenade launcher on the ATF registry. Just about anything made before 1986 can still be purchased and legally owned by civilians in the US. Although the MK19 is also a Destructive Device and has a bit more red tape to it than the others.

I have several friends who own NFA items, and have two suppressors (Osprey .45 and Ti-rant 5.56) pending approval right now.

I can't quote nationwide, but in virginia your house gets searched randomly, and you do get drug tested, and they do require "proper and secure" storage. It does vary from state to state you know.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Seriously, United Nations should just gather for this important cause, United States needs an intervention about it's gun addiction.

Or you guys can just kill each other and still hang on to your guns. I honestly don't give a shit if someone dies because of their sheer stupidity.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I can't quote nationwide, but in virginia your house gets searched randomly, and you do get drug tested, and they do require "proper and secure" storage. It does vary from state to state you know.

It does vary from state to state, but everything I am seeing online says that Virginia has no further restrictions past the federal laws regarding NFA...

I cannot find a single website that substantiates your claim that you are subject to searches, drug tests, and must have a qualifying safe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state#Virginia

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

If only he had a gun to defend himself with.

Don't be silly.....

Two guns

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am not completely anti-gun, just anti-fuckwits-who-keep-unnecessary-assault-weapons-at-home-because-they-think-they-are-needed. For example, keep a double-barrel at most at home but keeping an M16 under your bed is retarded. Anyway, this raises a few questions.

- Why did the parents let her fire an Uzi?

- Why was the instructor not also holding the weapon while she was firing?

- Why did the instructor let her use an Uzi?

- Is it dumb to assume that there were anti-9-year-old-girl-with-firearms laws?

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

It does vary from state to state, but everything I am seeing online says that Virginia has no further restrictions past the federal laws regarding NFA...

I cannot find a single website that substantiates your claim that you are subject to searches, drug tests, and must have a qualifying safe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state#Virginia

Just telling you what I've been told by every cop and ffl class 3 dealer I've spoken to in this state. *shrugs*

I am not completely anti-gun, just anti-fuckwits-who-keep-unnecessary-assault-weapons-at-home-because-they-think-they-are-needed. For example, keep a double-barrel at most at home but keeping an M16 under your bed is retarded. Anyway, this raises a few questions.

- Why did the parents let her fire an Uzi?

- Why was the instructor not also holding the weapon while she was firing?

- Why did the instructor let her use an Uzi?

- Is it dumb to assume that there were anti-9-year-old-girl-with-firearms laws?

1. Because their idiots

2. Because he was an idiot

3. See #2

4. There aren't, the only real age law is that you cannot own a shotgun or rifle unless your are 18. and you must be 21 to buy a handgun. The same age limits apply for the ammunition for those guns.

I keep an AR in my room, although it's not necessarily within reach. I keep a hangun under my pillow when I sleep and a shotgun next to my bed. Why? Because I live in a place where regardless of the emergency, it takes about 20 minutes for a cop to get here.

Just telling you what I've been told by every cop and ffl class 3 dealer I've spoken to in this state. *shrugs*

*also shrugs* 

Sometimes people are full of shit ;) Once you go NFA you never go back :)

One thing's for sure this kid is gonna grow up into one fucked up individual psychologically. 

One thing's for sure this kid is gonna grow up into one fucked up individual psychologically. 

Yeah that's sad. She will likely never live this down :(

*also shrugs* 

Sometimes people are full of shit ;) Once you go NFA you never go back :)

Yeah I don't have the many thousands of dollars that class 3 guns cost, I also know that unless your using an LMG for surppressing fire while your buddy flanks the enemy, full auto is pointless (albeit fun)

Because a double barrel shotgun is somehow more practical for defense than a rifle? Most of us can't keep M16s as they are select-fire.

Yeah I don't have the many thousands of dollars that class 3 guns cost, I also know that unless your using an LMG for surppressing fire while your buddy flanks the enemy, full auto is pointless (albeit fun)

I don't own any FA guns, I actually agree with you, past entertainment they don't have much value. Plus an M16 lower can go for $25k-$30k... Ouch.

SBR's and suppressors however... :D

SBR's and Suppressors are not nearly as expensive as you may think. SBR AR uppers can be had for $500 + the $200 stamp, suppressors vary wildly, everywhere from $250 to >$1000 depending on caliber and material.

SBS's (short barreled shotguns) only require a $5 stamp... just saying.

Because a double barrel shotgun is somehow more practical for defense than a rifle? Most of us can't keep M16s as they are select-fire.

Indeed, we have an AR-15, which is actually better because full auto is reckless and dangerous to fire indoors. Not to mention that the spread of a shotgun means you can accidentally hit bystanders in other rooms.

Love it when the people who know little to nothing about weaponry, try to tell those who do, that we don't need something.

I don't own any FA guns, I actually agree with you, past entertainment they don't have much value. Plus an M16 lower can go for $25k-$30k... Ouch.

SBR's and suppressors however... :D

SBR's and Suppressors are not nearly as expensive as you may think. SBR AR uppers can be had for $500 + the $200 stamp, suppressors vary wildly, everywhere from $250 to >$1000 depending on caliber and material.

SBS's (short barreled shotguns) only require a $5 stamp... just saying.

Didn't they recently stop sales on SBR's or something? I remember hearing something about that. I've fired a walther p22 with a suppressor (at my ccl class) and damn those are fun. Too bad using one to defend yourself, even if someones actually trying to kill you with a gun, is still considered murder.

Didn't they recently stop sales on SBR's or something? I remember hearing something about that. I've fired a walther p22 with a suppressor (at my ccl class) and damn those are fun. Too bad using one to defend yourself, even if someones actually trying to kill you with a gun, is still considered murder.

You can still file for SBR's, at least federally. The SilencerCo Sparrow can be had for $300-$350... :) + the $200 stamp :( I have thought about getting one myself, but haven't. Yet.