The More I Hear of PS4/XboxOne The More I Want A Wii U

Having heard so much about the two big next gen consoles over the past week or two, I've come to the sudden realisation that I have no desire for either of them.

Unless come E3 they're some killer ip's announced that just can't be ignored I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick to PC for the more graphically demanding games.

Obviously the Wii U won't be able to compete with the PS4 or Xbox One in terms of raw power but gameplay wise I think it offers a unique gameplay experience that has/will have some of the most fun to play games on the market.

I'm not interested in TV on my console or the ability to share my gameplay and if the Wii U has a pre PS4/XboxOne price drop then I can see a lot of people picking one up, including me.

The more I hear about all the consoles, the more I want my PC.

In all seriousness, the Ps4 sounds way better than the Xbox One. But I'll wait till they're both released to give my final opinion.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

it offers a unique gameplay experience

Yes it does, the problem is that not a lot of developer seem to be able to get that.

And the next console war is going to be with PS4/SteamBox, XBox One is already dead and buried as a console.

I remember the days where gaming consoles were designed for gaming...

Guy comes home tells his wife to pack her bags, she says "where are we going?" guy replies "I don't know where you're going to just be out of here by five."

I remember the days where gaming consoles were designed for gaming...

The Wii U is pretty much the only real gaming console left.

Sadly.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

It would be a shame if 3rd party developers were unable to get the most out of the Wii U. You can almost guarantee Nintendo will bring out some amazing games over its life cycle but it would be a real pity if all we got from everyone else was half arsed ports.

Ninja Gaiden 3, NFS Most Wanted, Resident Evil Revelations, and the soon to be released Deus EX Human Revolution are far from half assed ports. 

Now only if other developers would dedicate time like those games' developers did then the Wii U would have some pretty decent 3rd Party titles. From the looks of it Ubisoft seems to be pretty dedicated to making good ports/games for the Wii U, if you pretend that whole Rayman thing never ever happened. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

I agree. I see many people have in their home a WiiU + PS4 or WiiU + PC as a solution to their gaming needs.

Nintendo strength of the WiiU, is its first party games. Ignoring the spin-offs, all of them are AAA titles. So they are not just exclusives, but AAA exclusives.

has the steambox even been officially announced/confirmed? i want one *_*

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Wii U is awesome.  The controller, despite people being afraid of it even though they use cell phones with tiny screens and tablets, is easy to use and the screen doesn't have to be used that much but it is nice to have something different.  Also if you have kids you need the system as there are games not out yet (Rayman Legends) that totally take advantage of the Wii U controller.  Great system and getting cheaper to buy.  I highly recommend it. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S