Buying a nexus 4 from japan?

RavingSmurf

Hey, i'm considering buying a nexus 4 as i don't have much money to spend and love android. So I hit the web and i found someone selling a new N4 on EBAY for £140. but it was from japan, I wanted to know if it would work in the UK. Since I have very little knowledge on the working of phones between countries i decided to ask you guys .

Any Help is much appreciated.

just get moto g. nexus 4 wasn't that good.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You could install the UK version of the Android ROM I think, XDA forums is a good place to check

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

You can get one for £90 off ebay if you are lucky

Compatible with Windows 95

Look at the ad for a this word - unlocked. If he does not have it in the ad, then message him and ask if it is unlocked. If it is not unlocked, you can still buy it and unlock it yourself for around $30 (no idea how much it'd be in pounds). Once it's unlocked it will work for any carrier you want

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

Look at the ad for a this word - unlocked. If he does not have it in the ad, then message him and ask if it is unlocked. If it is not unlocked, you can still buy it and unlock it yourself for around $30 (no idea how much it'd be in pounds). Once it's unlocked it will work for any carrier you want

The add says it is unlocked so i guess it's a done deal

You could install the UK version of the Android ROM I think, XDA forums is a good place to check

So there's different ROMS depending on location?

So there's different ROMS depending on location?

Yeah, I'm not sure how to install them though. You have to root your phone and then do something with the boot menu, like I said you should look it up on XDA

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

just get moto g. nexus 4 wasn't that good.

I did consider getting the moto G but the CPU isn't as good and i like the design of the nexus 4 more, my friend had a nexus 4 and sang praises about it, thats why i decided to get a N4. Thanks anyway :)

Yeah, I'm not sure how to install them though. You have to root your phone and then do something with the boot menu, like I said you should look it up on XDA

I have had experience with rooting before and i do like a project so it doesn't really matter if i do have to install a different ROM on it

You can get one for £90 off ebay if you are lucky

I did come across a few cheap ones but i really wanted a 16gb version and for it to be new, hense the excess cost